• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I'm considering picking one up. A friend and I used one this past turkey season, but didn't get a chance to put it through the wringer, so to speak, as the bugs weren't out in force back in April. I've never used any sort of repellent during deer season before due to the fear of spooking them.

Joy'sdad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Thanks for the real life tests. I have seen them on the hunt shows but that doesn't mean they work. Skeeters love me and I swell like a pumpkin. I will get one before I try my luck on the bushy tail guys. I won't be doing that until it gets below 100 a few days!!!!!!!!!!! I don't like them cooked before I get home!!!!!!!!

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    I am planning on getting one but were to buy one in central IN???? We do not have these at rural king, wally world............etc......

LMK Oct. 1st will be here before you know it!!!!

Indydrew

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Review update...

Since the first review, I have used the Thermocell several times and still getting great results UNTIL the thing ran out of fuel. I discovered there are no lingering "after affects" it was "game on" for the skeeters a couple of minutes later.

To solve that issue I picked up the $10 holster that has places for extra fuel and repellant pads. Well worth the money and it comes with an adjustable strap that fits most "average trees".

This is still the best thing out there IMHO for skeeter defense, add the holster and extra consumables and it gets pretty close to perfect.

-Drew

Top Bottom