• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    ^I bailed on AT long ago. I can only imagine.

I'll admit I've quit keeping up with archery tech, but how much faster is that at 450, than the fastest xbow?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Using the airbow be considered legal during archery season?

Not right now but I'm sure it will be eventually. Incrementally our society can justify anything given enough time. I'd tend to think archery would require the use of a string to propel an arrow but I also believe humans born with nuts are males and apparently that's no longer true.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    This in no way fits the definition of a bow (from Websters dictionary: bow - a weapon that is made of a strip of flexible material (as wood) with a cord connecting the two ends and holding the strip bent and that is used to propel an arrow)

I don't have a problem with this product, it is pretty neat, but do not try to pass it off as a type of bow. It has way more in common with an air rifle or even a firearm. I think I'm going to shoot my 5.56 Smokelesspowderbow later tonight.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Pneumatic arrow-launching gun? Simply put, Why??

If I had the $$ to throw into a super-fast arrow-launching anything, I'd go with some version of this:

[video=youtube;E1FuK7NmEtc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1FuK7NmEtc[/video]

I doubt you could notice the difference between 450 and 425fps, and the Scorpyd will work shot after shot, all day long. No worrying about an uber-pressurized air tank springing a leak, or only getting a few shots at full power either.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    It apparently doesn't take ghost-like stealth to get close to the alert and wily "wild" bison.

I remember steers on the farm that were harder to get that close to.

diavic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Hopefully never. I don't think crossbows should be considered archery equipment.

They do look like they would be fun to play around with.

Top Bottom