• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    row row row your boat....

you know why you row your boat? I'll tell you why---because its a ****ing boat, that's why.

First time out after rebuilding the Century's 327 Gray marine the coupling broke right behind the Velvet Drive and threw the shaft and propeller through the rudder and off to the bottom of the lake. Plugging the shaft hole with a rag I had to paddle back to shore. That hole in the water thing I hear people talk about is very true.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    First time out after rebuilding the Century's 327 Gray marine the coupling broke right behind the Velvet Drive and threw the shaft and propeller through the rudder and off to the bottom of the lake. Plugging the shaft hole with a rag I had to paddle back to shore. That hole in the water thing I hear people talk about is very true.
    Which came first, the cussing or the crying?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Which came first, the cussing or the crying?

Worrying about sinking came first until I paddled to shallow water and beached it, then I had time to do both. Made up a shaft and put a Mastercraft four blade on it, heated up and bent the rudder back. Better than new. DB is right though, boats are expensive hell.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage

I know that that sound!

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Worrying about sinking came first until I paddled to shallow water and beached it, then I had time to do both. Made up a shaft and put a Mastercraft four blade on it, heated up and bent the rudder back. Better than new. DB is right though, boats are expensive hell.
    Those old rudders were tough as hell and reusable. the newer ones, not so much.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    With the four blade prop and the new horsepower the 16 foot Century would rear like a horse when you fire walled the throttle, then take off like a shot when the bow came down on plane.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    With the four blade prop and the new horsepower the 16 foot Century would rear like a horse when you fire walled the throttle, then take off like a shot when the bow came down on plane.
    I bet it would. 4 blade a lot smoother too
    Do they still make them out of bronze?

They do but the ones I have seen from newer boats look like a cast rudder blade with a solid shaft. We had one that bent and when it was heated it turned to :poop:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom