• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDvader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Evansville, IN
    I like the whole zombie fad. It makes me think about what I can do to be ready for any situation. I don't think the dead will rise, but I think about food and water shortages, no power for days/weeks, outbreak of a nasty disease. All those things are very possible. Have you ever seen the crazy black Friday shoppers trample people for a deal? Imagine what they would do for food after a few days. It's not a pleasant thought. As for the marketing of Zombie products, I like to look at them but the advertising has never made me buy them.

JoP

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Bluffton, IN
    I think the whole thing is kind of fun (so I agree with the majority on here).

I've always been into the zombie movies kind of thing, and if it attracts a new type of folks to being really interested into learning about fire arms so be it.

I've seen some interesting conversations come up because of the zombie discussion. Watched one of those 'let's build really big guns' tv shows with guest host Max Brooks (World War Z author) and if you read behind the gimmicky stuff there was a real debate on AR platform vs. 22LR for a SHTF scenario (let's not turn this into that discussion).

I generally don't care for anything the gov't does, but even the CDC got involved and made a zombie preparedness site (CDC EPR | Social Media | Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse). Bringing along that whole "if you are prepared for zombies you are prepared for anything" mindset.

Overall, the zombie thing is fun and no worse than some of the videos a relative has that are really just snuff films of woodchucks...its all a matter of preference.

ar1973

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Story ,IN
    I thinks its kind of refreshing to see so much new stuff comming out with this fad . lets all admit we have our pretty( wood stocked high polish engraved ) safe queens . but who cant love a tricked out movish ar or ak with all the zombie logo stuff embelishing it.
    besides just gave me another reason to spend some money.

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    The whole thing is silly IMHO but, that doesn't stop me from taking advantage of buying Hornady z-max bullets at a 20% discount over the v-max where the only difference is the color of the polymer tip.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom