• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    We have many LEO and INGOers who live and work all over the Indy area. What do you consider to be some of the worst areas? I'm talking crime, violence, places where you would rather not be.... All opinions welcome

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    We have many LEO and INGOers who live and work all over the Indy area. What do you consider to be some of the worst areas? I'm talking crime, violence, places where you would rather not be.... All opinions welcome

Indy doesnt know what crime is, I live in KITCHEL. Now thats a high crime area. We had a robbery in one of the 4 houses in the 80's.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    38th and Post to Pen. Pike and Post.
    38th and Lafayette.

38th & Mitthoeffer here. I came from the country in Northern Hamilton Co and living down here has been a real eye opener. Guess I'm just numb to it all now. I've carried a gun for 30 years and have only had to point it at someone once. I can only hope that luck continues.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Anywhere along 38th St. Most places inside 465, and the entire MLK/Michigan Rd. corridor from downtown to the county line, pretty much the NW side, not that I really care for the NE side any better.....maybe it is time to move.....

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    38th & Mitthoeffer here. I came from the country in Northern Hamilton Co and living down here has been a real eye opener. Guess I'm just numb to it all now. I've carried a gun for 30 years and have only had to point it at someone once. I can only hope that luck continues.

I have been lost in that area with a 26' box truck. Wasn't the greatest area to have recieved wrong directions, wasn't the worst.

I'd like to add 42-56th and Arlington to the list.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I work with some "rough" individuals -- as one once told me, back in 90's the worst area was up around the fairgrounds, especially in the housing complex called The Meadows -- all agree that the worst area now is 42nd & Post on the east side.

devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    -42nd&Post for sure.
    -the "neighborhood" from Illinois St. to White River, 16th St. up to 30th/38th made the #20 iirc. Not a desirable area, trust me.
    -Georgetown Rd to High School Rd. 30th/34th to 38th St. is getting spirited.

hrmmm...it'll keep getting worse unless Juvenile actually starts punishing the problems.

beehunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    I used to work on convenience stores in Indianapolis from 1991 to 2000. We were working on a job at 38th and Capital (I think) and the old man that worked behind the counter told us to make sure we were out of the area by sunset:draw:. It seemed like a rough area then, not sure if it still is as I have not been up that way for years.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    What makes 42nd and post so bad. Is it the apartments around that area. I drive by there and notice a chicken place and liquor store

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A buddy of mine was a scout for a certain nfl team. He picked up a past #1 draft pick at the airport. This guys first request was to see MLK avenue. My buddy said sure but why? This guy said "because every cities ghetto is on mlk ave." When they got there he said "aw sh*t, this aint no real ghetto."

Top Bottom