the Wilderness Instructor's Belts: Have They Changed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Chez - any reason you're discounting a nice leather belt? Lots of people, myself included, have had very good luck with The Belt Man: Gun Belts by The Belt Man

I've been carrying on his 1.5" dual layer bull hide for several years now and my belt still holds it's own form.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Yes, but they won't do that. They will give you a discount if you send your old belt back, but all they reuse is the buckle. They won't (or wouldn't) shorten existing belts.

I've decided to repurpose one of them. I'm going to get a pad and make it into a "battle belt" with lots of gear and suspenders that I can wear over everything else. Heh.

I like my Wilderness belts a lot, I have 3. I would have hoped to have better luck with their customer service of used belt maintenance. I attempted to get new velcro to replace mine that is worn and barely effective. I don't recall the exact pricing, but with shipping it rivaled a new belt. :xmad:

My belts are titanium buckled, so I have an investment in them. I guess I need to shop around for a local shop to do that work?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I wear a Biobelt daily, but it's now on the tightest hole and my pants are starting to fall down. I know they will add holes and shorten it for free, but I was excited to be down to a size that 5.11 makes. I guess I need to keep hitting the gym until my old 5.11 (from back in the low rider pants days) fit at my actual waist.

I already know your answer... use my biobelt and just keep adding IWB guns and gear until it fits. :laugh:

See, I don't even have to type my own responses anymore!

Congrats on the progress, by the way!

Chez - any reason you're discounting a nice leather belt? Lots of people, myself included, have had very good luck with The Belt Man: Gun Belts by The Belt Man

I've been carrying on his 1.5" dual layer bull hide for several years now and my belt still holds it's own form.

I can't speak for chezuki, but I will tell you why I don't wear leather belts. When you're my size, it's going to stretch over time. I know you or someone else is going to tell me their leather belt won't stretch, but I wore a very nicely made belt from the Belt Man for about a year, which was double thickness harness leather with a metal liner. In the summer time, the combination of sweat and stress from a big body will stretch any leather belt. Plus they don't smell so great after a while.

With good quality synthetics, this is not an issue.

I like my Wilderness belts a lot, I have 3. I would have hoped to have better luck with their customer service of used belt maintenance. I attempted to get new velcro to replace mine that is worn and barely effective. I don't recall the exact pricing, but with shipping it rivaled a new belt. :xmad:

My belts are titanium buckled, so I have an investment in them. I guess I need to shop around for a local shop to do that work?

I would.

Top Bottom