• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    All I can say is the lockwork on that looks more complex than my P7 and that is SCARY!!!!!!! :eek: You are a brave man taking it apart though I guess you had no choice to get the round out. Hope Chiappa squares it away for they Rhino's are definately a neat idea.

buddydog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    I converted the factory belt holster that came with my Rhino into a wallet holster for back pocket carry. I had an old wallet holster laying around and used the leather plate to attach the modified Rhino holster. It carries well in my hip pocket, right where I would carry a wallet. I prefer a front pocket wallet and the Rhino works well when I don't want to belt carry.
    rhinofront.jpg

rhinorear.jpg

Thanks Dave. Very creative..sounds like you've hit a niche. You may have to market that one since I can only find a handful of Rhino holster makers...ie Garette Industry.

All I can say is the lockwork on that looks more complex than my P7 and that is SCARY!!!!!!! :eek: You are a brave man taking it apart though I guess you had no choice to get the round out. Hope Chiappa squares it away for they Rhino's are definately a neat idea.

I love watches...I'm good with the complication as long as its reliable. It kinda reminds me of this:
    a8704c1344508c60c55530accad31921_zps0b1c0021.jpg

rhino2_zps95065e56.jpg

Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    I've had my Rhino 200DS for over a year now and have shot nothing but 357 out of it. I'm guessing in the neighborhood of 700-800 rounds. I have not had any issues and it remains my favorite gun to carry. I shoot single, double action and have from time to time just rapid fire unloaded it. I do plan on purchasing the 600DS in the future. Sorry to hear about your issue.

Rhino2_zpscccf1d0a.jpg

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Some rhinos are more loveable than others.
    Some rhinos are more rugged and durable than others.
    Some rhinos are more awesome than others.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    And some Rhinos are just plain "butt ugly" :laugh:

I never liked you! Hahah!

Seriously, though, I've never even seen a Chiappa Rhino in person, just in photos in magazines. It didn't occur to me that their mechanism might be significantly more complicated than a S&W or Colt. The basic premise of lowering the bore axis makes a lot of sense, though.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I never liked you! Hahah!

Seriously, though, I've never even seen a Chiappa Rhino in person, just in photos in magazines. It didn't occur to me that their mechanism might be significantly more complicated than a S&W or Colt. The basic premise of lowering the bore axis makes a lot of sense, though.

I guess I like "butt ugly". I have the Chiappa Rhino and I also have a Beretta PX4 sub-compact in .40 S&W. My FS2000 looks like one of the weapons from the movie "Men IN Black". I never put too much emphasis on looks, but focused on functionality, ease of carry, performance and accuracy.

Top Bottom