• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Checking out the news feeds for the new season. Looks like the stary about the ragtag bunch is basically over with, or will be soon. The rest of the story is going to be a perquel about rangers stuck in Atlanta with zombie's."Blackhwak down with zombie's" is what their saying.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    did anyone else get slightly pissed at the mid-season finale? i don't think they planned the show taking off like it did

Just the finalale? I was pissed at the whole season!!!! We waited how many episodes for closure on a few things that could have been solved in a couple episodes? Too much drama, and like i said before, if this season (or whatever its called) is half as much bs im out!

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Checking out the news feeds for the new season. Looks like the stary about the ragtag bunch is basically over with, or will be soon. The rest of the story is going to be a perquel about rangers stuck in Atlanta with zombie's."Blackhwak down with zombie's" is what their saying.

Just did some checking on that. Would have been cool, but would have been an episode or two. Not happening now apparently because the Darabont guy left the show.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec....ad/f3a9530989e83168/c0715b3222af2a6f?lnk=raot

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Thanks for the link, Spartan. That would have been an excellent episode - the format and synopsis sounds much more entertaining than most of the actual episodes.

Team Darabont!

xanderphillips

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    I lose interest in shows when they take breaks all the time. I've gotten so that I don't even bother watching new programs. If a show is great and lasts several seasons I'll pick it up on Nexflix where I can burn through an entire season in a week or so with no commercials. I must have too much A.D.D. or something. Additionally, with such long gaps between episodes I lose track of what was even going on. Seems like a way to sell more box sets (season 1, season 1.5, season 2, season 2.5, etc...) Another gripe is when I start watching a new series and they cancel it like 5 episodes in. WTH? The networks have more A.D.D. than I do! If they did that years ago there are quite a few examples of 'sleeper hits' that we would never have had.

My $.02

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I agree

I lose interest in shows when they take breaks all the time. I've gotten so that I don't even bother watching new programs. If a show is great and lasts several seasons I'll pick it up on Nexflix where I can burn through an entire season in a week or so with no commercials. I must have too much A.D.D. or something. Additionally, with such long gaps between episodes I lose track of what was even going on. Seems like a way to sell more box sets (season 1, season 1.5, season 2, season 2.5, etc...) Another gripe is when I start watching a new series and they cancel it like 5 episodes in. WTH? The networks have more A.D.D. than I do! If they did that years ago there are quite a few examples of 'sleeper hits' that we would never have had.

My $.02

I agree with you completely. My son likes Walking Dead so we will start watching it & Being Human when they come back on next week but I've pretty much quit watching any regular TV because of the breaks in the show schedules. I lose interest after it's not on for awhile.

I watch very little TV and when I do I'm usually also reading the paper or online so I might have a little ADD too. Having to sit still for a whole hour is kind of hard to do. I try to get my chores done during commercials so I do appreciate them a little bit.

purdueguy08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    I love zombie movies and I couldn't help but watch the whole first season on netflicks. Maybe I have a short attention span but I get bored during the character building. They are zombies, they will never stop, and you will die. That is what makes the movies great their is no time for character building because you are already dead.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I started reading the comics, and they are insanely better than the show imo. As i said before, i dont know how much of a "chance" im going to give this new season, if its even anywhere close to all the drama and no action of the first season 2 episodes, im out!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    No Commercials

My $.02

That is why I record everything I want to watch. Then I fast forward through the commercials / breaks. It drives my friends nuts, one because I usually cant discus a show the next day after its aired because I haven't watched it yet. Two because I don't see commercials, someone will say something like how about that commercial from such and such and I have no idea what they are talking about. I can live without the commercials in my life, I don't think I'm missing a thing.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Yep, 2/12.

And I also record it and fast forward through all the commercials. Cuts about 15-18 minutes out of the length of the episode, and I can definitely live without the commercials.

It does irk me that almost every show is taking mid season breaks now. Not to mention that the seasons themselves are shorter than they used to be. Seasons used to have 22 shows per season, and now they have more like 16.

Add in all the ridiculous "reality TV" shows, and I just roll my eyes and throw up my hands. I watch a couple of shows, and leave the TV off for the rest of the week unless I'm watching a DVD.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom