• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    dangit! I missed basically the entire show.

when does this come on hulu? or maybe Ill stay up. The last 10 minutes made it look like the best one in a long time!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    dangit! I missed basically the entire show.

when does this come on hulu? or maybe Ill stay up. The last 10 minutes made it look like the best one in a long time!

I think you can buy an episode on amazon.com if your real desperate to see it.

I would like to see them get off the farm but .... notta bad episode really, the last couple are starting to make up for how bad the first half of the season was

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    wow! Wasnt expecting that!

Hey you, long time no see! ;)

------------------

Besides being forced to suspend your common sense while watching this show, I hate that the writers don't seem to understand just how extreme the group would have to become in order to deal with the extreme circumstances. They're still stuck on the established "civilized" protocol.

For instance, in the school bus scene; wouldn't vehicles be a MUCH MORE effecient killing machine than firearms, screwdrivers, or knives?
    In a crowd of "walkers" that tight, why not use the vehicle to mow 'em down.
    Even the ones who weren't killed would be diminished to crawling,.. then you could outrun 'em with no problem ... or take your time methodically finishing 'em off one by one (although, I'd use a F-350SD and just keep driving over heads until there was no movement. it'd save ammo).

These "survivors" have absolutely NO imagination, or the necessary mind-set for extreme measures. I don't see how they lasted this long. :dunno:

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Figured they were going to leave shane to the walkers.

They did grab the dead guards guns and maybe the gas.

Heavy snow and snowmobiles in Atlanta, heck we don't even need them in central Indiana.

I understand it is a show on TV.

Not enough darrel lately. Maybe next week.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Figured they were going to leave shane to the walkers.

They did grab the dead guards guns and maybe the gas.

Heavy snow and snowmobiles in Atlanta, heck we don't even need them in central Indiana.

I understand it is a show on TV.

Not enough darrel lately. Maybe next week.

Yeah I still maintain Darrel the real deal in this whole mess of people trying to survive. I would like to see Darrel take more of a leadership role, but then that isn't who he is.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I was most disappointed with Andrea this evening. She went out of her way to take on a specific responsibility and then failed to carry it out.

She betrayed the trust of Maggie and indirectly everyone there.

Andrea may have been correct but it wasn't her choice. To my thinking that was a family matter and she should have helped the family if she was going to help at all.

This has undermined her dependability for future missions. How can you trust someone if they have a track record of undermining group values for their own.

I suppose Shane has taught her more than firearms handling...

Regards,

Doug

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    To All,

I was most disappointed with Andrea this evening. She went out of her way to take on a specific responsibility and then failed to carry it out.

Andrea may have been correct but it wasn't her choice. To my thinking that was a family matter and she should have helped the family if she was going to help at all.

This has undermined her dependability for future missions. How can you trust someone if they have a track record of undermining group values for their own.

Regards,

Doug

They are all family now. The survival of the whole depends on the parts.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Great episode last night! Anybody else notice the talk about cuts/scrapes causing infection? And Shane cutting his hand with a zombie dirtied knife? I didn't think Rick would leave Shane and I hoped that would help snap Shane back but I doubt it. Preview showed him plotting with Andrea in the next episode. Here we go.... :)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    To All,

Regards,

Doug

IMHO she didn't drop her responsibility.

I think she knew damn well what she was doing, and forced the kid to come to grips with reality. It was either "put up" or "shut up".

Tough love, no matter what the outcome, would remove her from being a liability.

There's no time for Dr. Phil whiny arsed BS...........not now, or during a zombie apocalypse :)

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    IMHO she didn't drop her responsibility.

I think she knew damn well what she was doing, and forced the kid to come to grips with reality. It was either "put up" or "shut up".

Tough love, no matter what the outcome, would remove her from being a liability.

There's no time for Dr. Phil whiny arsed BS...........not now, or during a zombie apocalypse :)

Hookeye,

I agree that she knew what she wanted to do and did it her way.

This in no way alters my point that she betrayed the trust put in her by Maggie.

It was not her authority to make a unilateral decision about someones family member. If she was in total disagreement with Maggie (which she was) she should not have taken on that trust to begin with. Or she could have tried to make a good argument about it.

At this point she becomes someone unworthy of trust. If she think an attack, defense, holding a position, whatever, is uncool but the group decides to do so anyway, she cannot now be trusted in any way to do what is asked of her because she has shown that if she disagrees she will just do what she wants when she wants.

Trust is a hard thing to earn and she has lost it now. Regaining it will be very difficult or impossible.

Do not misunderstand me: I am NOT saying Maggie was correct. All I am saying is that she (Andrea) asked for and received trust from Maggie and then betrayed it. That level of trust and dependability may never return. The correctness of her opinion is irrelevant for my point.

This will cause another rift in the group that needs each other to survive and thus reduce their probabilities of doing so, and that is something that cannot be tolerated.

Regards,

Doug

Last edited:

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Couldn't agree more, Andrea has been brainwashed by Shane and like him, she is now a loose cannon, I mean she shot Darrel, I wouldn't trust her with anything.

Yup. First she decided to use a firearm which would attract walkers for miles around hearing the shot. Then she wasn't sure of her target and almost killed Darryl because she got all sassy and wanted to "prove" she could shoot.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Great episode last night! Anybody else notice the talk about cuts/scrapes causing infection? And Shane cutting his hand with a zombie dirtied knife? I didn't think Rick would leave Shane and I hoped that would help snap Shane back but I doubt it. Preview showed him plotting with Andrea in the next episode. Here we go.... :)

I've been wondering about that too. But cuts and scrapes may not lead to infection. Rick and Shane assumed that had probably happened, but lets be honest, the group has almost all had a zed grab them, I would think theyve already had a few cuts and scrapes from their zombie encounters.

I kinda don't think that those officers got infected by a cut, because that would mean they were "turned" at the exact same time (cause no one actually believes that one guy turns and his partner doesnt kill him, right?).

If you remember back to season 1, everybody is already infected, and death turns them into zombies. Perhaps the guys couldnt hack it, and decided to swallow a bunch of pills....OR, maybe theyre close to learning the origin of the epidemic (man made).

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I've been wondering about that too. But cuts and scrapes may not lead to infection. Rick and Shane assumed that had probably happened, but lets be honest, the group has almost all had a zed grab them, I would think theyve already had a few cuts and scrapes from their zombie encounters.

I kinda don't think that those officers got infected by a cut, because that would mean they were "turned" at the exact same time (cause no one actually believes that one guy turns and his partner doesnt kill him, right?).

If you remember back to season 1, everybody is already infected, and death turns them into zombies. Perhaps the guys couldnt hack it, and decided to swallow a bunch of pills....OR, maybe theyre close to learning the origin of the epidemic (man made).

I don't know if I believe the cut/scratch thing either but I have noticed on the show that if they slow down and point out something directly it's probably for a reason. I don't remember the all infected and turn when dead part I will have to re watch season 1 again. :): I think some interesting stuff is approaching.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom