• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should the US military keep the M4 or is time for a new rifle?

• Total voters

Kelevra TAR-21

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Not quite there hero, might want to research that just a little bit more before you make that claim...
    There is a huge difference in how each system is used, not to mention is not the Tavor 2 a 9mm?!

It is hardly armed conflict in Israel night and day. :):

No, It shoots the nato round. It can however be converted to shoot the 9mm.

Hmmmm.... They have used The Tavor since 2001. So for ten years they have tested this gun is real life battles, they also use the M4, M16 and Galil. For Israel The Tavor has proven a better weapon. As far as conflict in Israel goes don't be silly, you can't try and spin that.

Last edited:

Kelevra TAR-21

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Bullpups aren't ready for prime time in the US Military. The Tavor suffers from the same problem that other bullpup designs suffer from - the ejection port being designed for right handed use primarily.

In CQB you need to transition from left and right side use frequently. Having a rifle kick spent casings into your face isn't conducive to accurate fire when in the heat of battle. The F2000 addresses this issue, but even the F2000 has its issues and I don't believe it's a suitable weapon system either.

I see no reason to adopt a bullpup as a general issue rifle.

I have high hopes for the ACR and SCAR. I'm sure as the next 3 years transpire these two weapons systems will evolve into world class systems worthy of adoption.

The TAR-21 has ejection ports on both sides of the rifle so it can easily be reconfigured for right or left-handed shooters. However, this process requires partial disassembly, so it can not be quickly reconfigured while the rifle is in use.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    No, comrade.
    Comrade, not hardly you and I have never to my knowledge placed blood in th e same dirt anywhere... ;)

As far as conflict in Israel goes don't be silly, you can't try and spin that.
    No spinnng it I have been there several times, yes they do have battles there. However, it is hardly open combat in the streets day and night. Matter of fact I found Detroit, New Oreleans, and DC to be far more dangerous than the time I have spent there.

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    Had no issues with an m4 or m16 yet. I think that when it rains it pours, so when someone does have a problem with it at a bad time, it can be a Soldier or Marines worst nightmare. Yes, the little black rifle is not perfect, but it is a very good and lethal weapon system in the hands of a competant rifleman.

Yes I believe a better weapon system could be created or might arguably already be on the market. I really like the ar-15/m16 system. Modular, easy to understand, accurate, and dependable when properly taken care of..

xmas_asn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Fort Irwin, Ca
    I think Mac shot one of these on FutureWeapons. Made an unsupported headshot at 300 meters with the first round, pending you don't believe in "creative editing". Badazz rifle for sure. I think Israel's name should be changed to Sparta, at least unofficialy lol :rockwoot:
    Please can we leave that Tool out of this.. :puke:

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Had no issues with an m4 or m16 yet. I think that when it rains it pours, so when someone does have a problem with it at a bad time, it can be a Soldier or Marines worst nightmare. Yes, the little black rifle is not perfect, but it is a very good and lethal weapon system in the hands of a competant rifleman.

Yes I believe a better weapon system could be created or might arguably already be on the market. I really like the ar-15/m16 system. Modular, easy to understand, accurate, and dependable when properly taken care of..

Damn right, Sergeant. :rockwoot:

xmas_asn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Fort Irwin, Ca
    Don't get me wrong they have some cool stuff on there but if I have to hear about his made up career as a SEAL again I'm going to put my remote threw my TV.

bigedp51

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2011
    "MORE" bullet weight.............and NO mouse fart calibers should be allowed.

gatl-5a.jpg

"Bomb them back into the stone age", USAF General Curtis LeMay 1968

B52.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Don't get me wrong they have some cool stuff on there but if I have to hear about his made up career as a SEAL again I'm going to put my remote threw my TV.

Richard "Mack" Machowicz's expertise with soldier craft and military hardware comes from his experience as a 10-year veteran of the U.S. Navy SEALs!

Did you know that? :D

:):

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Richard "Mack" Machowicz's expertise with soldier craft and military hardware comes from his experience as a 10-year veteran of the U.S. Navy SEALs!

Did you know that? :D

:):

Watch this...

Jeremy's expertise with Soldier craft and Military hardware comes from his experience as a 21-Year Veteran of the U.S. Army...
    Wow that really sounds impressive, right?!
    LOL

Mack is still a Douche... :dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Watch this...

Jeremy's expertise with Soldier craft and Military hardware comes from his experience as a 21-Year Veteran of the U.S. Army...
    Wow that really sounds impressive, right?!
    LOL

Mack is still a Douche... :dunno:

WOW that IS impressive!
    Thank you for your 21 years of service sir! :D
    (Yeah I believe everything I read on the internet)

Top Bottom