• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    This story may be a ruse intended to get the public behind nationalization of internet security and a "Czar" over public communications for our "protection".

I smell a rat.

Two year old story and revived to pump Billions into GE & the Smart Grid where Al Gore will control how much electricity you are allowed to use and which appliances that you can have on and the hours of their use. Pure BS to control the common man :xmad:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The Internet can be hacked and taken down in 30 mins.

Here is more fuel to this fire.
    SOURCE: Security Threat Analysis: Interview With Dino A. Dai Zovi : Introduction - Review Tom's Hardware

Here are some of the major parts.
    Alan: Thank you for taking the time to chat with us. So, before we begin, why don't you tell a little bit about yourself?

Dino: I am a computer security professional and independent security researcher. My professional experience spans penetration testing, software security auditing, and security management. I am a co-author of two books, the most recent being The Mac Hacker's Handbook with Charlie Miller. I often speak at security conferences about my security research on exploitation techniques, 802.11 wireless client security, and hardware virtualization-based rootkits. I focus on offensive security research because I believe that it is necessary to view systems as an attacker would in order to design more secure systems.

Alan: You’re being too humble. You were basically a member of Sandia National Laboratories’ Information Design Assurance Red Team (IDART). This is the team that gets hired when agencies such as the Department of Defense, Treasury, Interior, or State need to ensure that something like Live Free or Die Hard or 24 (Season 7) doesn’t happen in real life.
    I know you can’t go into details, but was this full-on Red Team assessment? In other words, the target you’re testing has no idea that the test is happening, and your team is allowed to use any and all resources such as dropping a USB drive in the parking lot with a Trojan Horse payload and hoping a Good Samaritan will try to identify its owner by plugging it in?
    Dino: I can neither confirm nor deny.

Alan: That’s a great tip. One last question: in 1998, the members of L0pht testified in front of the US Congress that a committed team of hackers could take down the entire Internet in 30 minutes. Security has certainly improved and the Internet has certainly gotten bigger, but the attackers have gotten more sophisticated too. Do you think that statement still holds today?
    Dino: Yes, and I probably shouldn’t say much more about it than that. Unfortunately, the Internet is more fragile than we would like to think and a lot of its core protocols require a redesign with security in mind.
    I apologize for the sometimes short and vague answers, but this business often requires a high degree of secrecy in order to protect clients and users.

So you see nothing of ours is really safe!

Top Bottom