• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I really don't know which way my vote should go.

I lIke most of the things that Trump says, but I have trust issues with him because he seems to only be pandering instead of actually taking a position for himself.

Ted Cruz has a good voting record from what I've looked at, but I keep hearing and reading a lot of negative things.

John Kasich seems to have a mixed record.

Bernie and Hillary obviously can go rot for all I care.

The intent of this thread is to help me gain an unbiased view of the facts (and, preferably, their sources) to form a somewhat educated opinion. There aren't many (I haven't found any) sites that show everything in layman's terms without looking at ten external websites to see what the original site was talking about. I'd appreciate anyone who can help by posting the facts about each candidate, stated simply, along with what they mean.

I feel lazy for doing it this way but I'm having a hard time sifting through the **** to find the gold nuggets and I really don't want my vote to end up wasted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I feel lazy for doing it this way but I'm having a hard time sifting through the $h!t to find the gold nuggets and I really don't want my vote to end up wasted.
    Same here. I've been paying somewhat close attention to everything but it is hard to wade through the crap.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Write down what principles you value, rank them in importance to you and then research all the candidates on those issues. Even if you just look up one at a time, which is really the easiest way. I could give you my take on everything, but then you would be hearing my biases. If you research it on your own then it's yours.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I think Trump might be a much easier choice if he could demonstrate a modicum of tact. I think he's been the "boss" in the private sector for so long and folks surrounding him are there at his discretion. He won't be able to fire the congress. He appeals to a lot of the "silent majority" - but others are turned off by his narcissistic manner and in your face attitude.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Write down what principles you value, rank them in importance to you and then research all the candidates on those issues. Even if you just look up one at a time, which is really the easiest way. I could give you my take on everything, but then you would be hearing my biases. If you research it on your own then it's yours.

I've done that and the guy I picked dropped out long ago. Now, It's an issue of supporting the not-hillary candidate. Whomever that ends up being. But I'll probably vote for Cruz in the primary. Not that I think it'll matter what Indiana says.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I've done that and the guy I picked dropped out long ago. Now, It's an issue of supporting the not-hillary candidate. Whomever that ends up being. But I'll probably vote for Cruz in the primary. Not that I think it'll matter what Indiana says.

I'm sitting out the primaries. I can't vote for any of these clowns. The only candidate in will vote against, regardless of who he's running against, is Trump (in the general). If the Republicans can get another choice in a contested convention, I could see myself voting that way.... or simply write in.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'd suggest the popular term Republican governor of a blue state who actually cut spending/taxes and built a successful business from the ground up.

Of course that guy doesn't have a chance so vote for the lesser of two evils, that's always worked out for us in the past.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I look at facts, always the best facts. Just yesterday my wife was telling me facts, my wife? Have you met her? She's really great. And she knows the facts . Because she's not a loser. Be a winner. A yuuuuge winner. You're gonna vote for, the facts when you see them, they're terrific. You're gonna love them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

This is basically what i told my kids when they started looking at politics.
    Do not become me.
    Gather the facts and make an intelligent decision based on those facts.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I am a single issue voter (well multiple but normally those don't even come into play unless its between two people that share the same belief)... so whoever is going to help advance 2nd amendment rights will get my vote. Sucks because half the stuff the republicans are pushing, I don't agree with, but the second amendment ranks so high in my mind that I can deal with some of that other ****. I would love to vote 3rd party, but with another 8 years of democrat rule......

So Cruz over Trump. Trump over Bernie. Bernie over dog :poop:. Dog :poop: over Hillary

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I've started a FB campaign amongst my friends to write me in as a candidate.

I can guaran-dang-tee that I'm not nearly as bad as the 3 main clowns in the race right now.

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    i know your not supposed to switch party's for the primary, but if killery doesn't have it wrapped up would it do any good to vote bernie to stop her from getting the delegates needed for an uncontested convention?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    i know your not supposed to switch party's for the primary, but if killery doesn't have it wrapped up would it do any good to vote bernie to stop her from getting the delegates needed for an uncontested convention?

I'd say so, the elites won't let Bernie win but if Cruz has locked up a contested Republican convention by the time Indiana rolls around, might as well throw a wrench in the dem race.

Top Bottom