• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cujo71321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My experience leads me to the XD9. The CZ-P07 is also a great gun, if you want DA/SA and an exposed hammer. Both great guns, very accurate and reliable.

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    Not to count out a S&W SD9. I had a SD9 and I thought it was a pretty good pistol in fact. I got talked into selling it and I wish I wouldn't have now. $400 otd.

Smith-Wesson-SD9-Pistol.jpg

Indye41

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Westfield
    So for anyone else trying to find a 9mm for under $500, here is what I've come up with. A Glock is just out of the question. Unless you can spend every waking moment online and with multiple screens open. The Sig SP2022 seems to be the best bet for a NEW gun http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/firearms/handguns/sig-sauer-sp2022-pro-9mm.html
    For used, I seem to find plenty of S&W 915, 5904, 6904 and 6906. Not poly but if your looking to just get out to the range like I am, these seem to be plentiful, under $500 and lower depending on the condition.

A few people had mentioned police trade-ins, or some models they felt should never be over $500, but if there out there, I sure haven't come across them or there simply just bet to hell.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Besides the gun don't forget a belt, holster, cleaning supplies, magazines, etc. I know everyone knows this but easy to forget.

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Besides the gun don't forget a belt, holster, cleaning supplies, magazines, etc. I know everyone knows this but easy to forget.

This one draw back to the Sig 2022, they only come with one mag. And additional mags are not cheap.

Indye41

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Westfield
    Please direct me to these $450-500 Glocks you speak of! I'm new to this, so I am only aware of a few sites to look for used firearms. Gunbroker, gunsamerica, armslist, and here.

exactly what this guy said, you can get a used glock for 450 500 and have a more dependable gun then most the guns talked about, id get a glock even if your price had to be under 5000.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    3rd Gen Smith & Wessons Police trades are a steal! Also remember if the Beretta slides show wear n tear, you can send them to most refinishers, as well as replacement barrels being available. Hard chrome, black chrome, even parkerizing, all is the rage.

Used Glocks are getting more value w/ mags, than new with a 10 rd mag! Buy two, and send in the parts needed to be refinished. Gunsmiths could also help with finish, and keeps business in their shop.

I had 2 XDs, good firearms. Didn't like the grip safety to be depressed when loading, or racking up the slide. They worked well, and were accurate, wish I had the 45ACP one back. Sellers remorse! Good luck in your search.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    So I'm sure this gets asked tons on here, but under $500 with current prices makes it a bit different. Glock's are no longer the go to for this price range, at least for right now. I am in the market for a 9mm and currently am looking at:

Even though i cannot stand Glock's, there are LGS that still have most models for $479.

Top Gun in Terre Haute has a set price of $479 on a lot of the glock models. I don't know much about them because i hate how they feel in my hand so i'm not sure what exact models they are. But if youre really wanting a glock. i know that there were 5 or 6 different models for that price.

If you want, give them a call to get the details.
    (812)-299-4867

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    SCCY CPX-2. 300 Bucks+-. Check out their review in Feb. American Rifleman and on youtube.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Bersa makes a great set of guns in 9mm, .40 and .45 for well under $500 new. Their service is top notch, but you will most likely have to take someone's word for it since sending one of their Pro series guns back is rare.

Glocks are good guns, but be careful of fanboy advice. It is usually focused on only once possible choice. Finding a gun that fits you and your needs is worth putting thought into instead of simply buying into the 'Brand xxxx is the best gun out there and you're an idiot if you don't take my word and run out to buy one now' crowd. Finding what works best for you is half the fun of buying a handgun. Nobody chooses a spouse by asking absolute strangers what the best nationality is for a partner, nor should you trust a stranger advice without figuring out what you need for yourself.

Top Bottom