• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indye41

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Westfield
    So I'm sure this gets asked tons on here, but under $500 with current prices makes it a bit different. Glock's are no longer the go to for this price range, at least for right now. I am in the market for a 9mm and currently am looking at:

Rock Island Tactical
    Sig SP2022
    FN FNP
    Springfield XD

These all seem to still be under the $500 mark, even with the AWB price hike. Purpose of the weapon will be for range/firearms courses/home defense.

Would love to get some info of the above mentioned and hear of any others I should consider.

Thanks

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Having just acquired one for $325, I think you should give real serious consideration to the Canik55 line of pistols, and specifically the Stingray C. Here's a couple info links:

CENTURY ARMS STINGRAY-C 9MM REVIEW

Cannik 55 Stingray-C

Until I bought this, I would've said that buying a SIG SP2022 was the steal to beat in the under $400 category, but this CZ SP-01/75 Compact clone has really impressed me.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    So I'm sure this gets asked tons on here, but under $500 with current prices makes it a bit different. Glock's are no longer the go to for this price range, at least for right now. I am in the market for a 9mm and currently am looking at:

Rock Island Tactical
    Sig SP2022
    FN FNP
    Springfield XD

These all seem to still be under the $500 mark, even with the AWB price hike. Purpose of the weapon will be for range/firearms courses/home defense.

Would love to get some info of the above mentioned and hear of any others I should consider.

Thanks

Good luck, I am looking for a 9mm as well. I have seen XD's priced over $700, not XDM's, just regular XD's. What are people smokin?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Look for a used Taurus PT92 or PT99. Built like tanks, relatively accurate, and reliable. A little on the heavy side, being an all steel firearm, but really nice.

You should be able to find one in great shape for under $500.

No. Mine is NOT for sale.

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I have an Xd and a P2022, no experience with the other two. I prefer the Sig much more over the Xd.

Indye41

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Westfield
    I will definitely look into these. Thanks

Look for a used Taurus PT92 or PT99. Built like tanks, relatively accurate, and reliable. A little on the heavy side, being an all steel firearm, but really nice.

You should be able to find one in great shape for under $500.

No. Mine is NOT for sale.

BudS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN

Rock Island Tactical
    Sig SP2022
    FN FNP
    Springfield XD

I switch between the RI Tactical .45 and my Sig SP2022 for EDC (here lately, i've been carrying the SIG more.) Love both of these pistols. I can't comment on the FN, but I had mixed feelings with the XD .45. I'm not a fan, but thats not to say it's not a good weapon, It just didn't appeal to me so I sold the one I had.

The RI is a great carry piece, but for an range pistol, it's a little too compact and packs a bit of recoil. I like a full sized 1911 for pleasure shooting. On the other hand, I love shooting the SIG. It has a very good feel and shoots well.

Good luck!

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    Braidis usually has a decent selection of police trade-ins S&W and Glock. Give them a call.

Last edited:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Uh.....if you can't get the following for under $500 in mint or new condition, you aren't looking hard enough:

Smith m&p 9
    Springer xd or xdm (xd should be under $400)
    Beretta 92
    Cz 75
    Smith 5906

Those are what I would be looking for if I wanted a full size 9mm, and they can all be found for under $500 in pristine condition.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    From my understanding the P-07 is the 40sw version of the P-01 which is the 9mm version

I don't believe that is correct... but I'd have to check.

I believe P-01's are alloy framed and the P-07 is their polymer offering. Both likely available in 9mm and .40

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have an Xd and a P2022, no experience with the other two. I prefer the Sig much more over the Xd.

I have an XD9sc right now and I love it, but I seriously like the looks of the Sig. Going to be borrowing one from a friend and trying it out.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Uh.....if you can't get the following for under $500 in mint or new condition, you aren't looking hard enough:

Smith m&p 9
    Springer xd or xdm (xd should be under $400)
    Beretta 92
    Cz 75
    Smith 5906

Those are what I would be looking for if I wanted a full size 9mm, and they can all be found for under $500 in pristine condition.

would love to find the m&p, xdm, and 92 for the prices you stated!! Any "proof" of them? Help would be repped and appreciated!

Top Bottom