• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    When you unfold the tinfoil ball, only to find another tinfoil ball, and then unfold that one to find yet another, at the center of the last one, there's a pretty interesting philosophical argument.

Like many interesting philosophical arguments, it's practical value is less than the tinfoil in which it was wrapped.

And some philosophical arguments are just plain silly.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    And some philosophical arguments are just plain silly.

The part I found interesting is that it refutes the idea that a child is born with involuntary obligations.

And yes, some philosophical arguments are just silly.

I used to drive the length of New Mexico often, when I was stationed in El Paso. In several spots on the highway, there are signs that read:

High Winds May Exist

I could never figure out for sure if the sign was making a declaration, or just giving permission to God. Either way, it raised more questions than it answered, and no matter how you interpreted it, it seemed rather pointless. Perhaps it was just shaking our collective fist at the powerlessness of us all.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I'll assume you mean taxes under 26 USC subtitle A, no I don't.

Before you make us go through this argument all over again about why you don't have to pay income taxes and why they can't touch you, use the search feature, it will save us all a lot of arguing.

qmikep

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Why would there be an argument? I simply answered a question. If (and thats a big if) you have a liability, you should pay the tax. If one is unsure, maybe they should do some research on their own instead of relying on shyster Attorneys and CPA's who benefit from the scam. Personally, I think folks should figure out for themselves if they are liable or not, since the IRS openly states:

"IRS Publications explain the law in plain language for taxpayers and their advisors. They typically highlight changes in the law, provide examples illustrating Service positions, and include worksheets. Publications are nonbinding on the Service and do not necessarily cover all positions for a given issue. While a good source of general information, publications should not be cited to sustain a position. " IRM 4.10.7.2.8

In regards to "why they can't touch you", I never said "they" couldn't. "They" are a bunch of criminals and generally do whatever the hell "they" want.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    qmike is correct.

Unfortunately most of us are too afraid of the leviathan kicking in our door at ohdarkthirty with a bunch of masked men with machine guns to actually not pay the beast.

My earnings are not subject to the income tax... I still pay their extortion money, simply because I don't want to be locked in a cage.

Yeah, America is a nation of the enslaved and cowardly.

No secret there... for those who actually want to take a moment to look around.

As to the birth certificate thing... even if it were true, it's not like the brain dead government lackies are going to understand it anyway. We're all second class citizens to them.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Maybe he is American Indian or Amish. If so he pays no income tax unless he fills out an SS-5 form from the SSA which is a voluntary form.
    Ah yes, the Amish internet subculture!
    I doubt it. I think he's someone who mistakenly thinks the government will actually respect his understanding of their rules.

He's not the first person with those ideas, and more than a few have seen the inside of prison cells after trying to play those cards in court.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Ah yes, the Amish internet subculture!
    I doubt it. I think he's someone who mistakenly thinks the government will actually respect his understanding of their rules.

He's not the first person with those ideas, and more than a few have seen the inside of prison cells after trying to play those cards in court.

Well, maybe he is an American Indian then. They do not pay income taxes unless they sign up for the program.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Well, maybe he is an American Indian then. They do not pay income taxes unless they sign up for the program.
    Could be, Bunny.
    I have read at least one that makes some sense. Whether it has any validity is a whole other argument.
    The thing is, it doesn't really matter whether it makes sense or not. The reality is that if they catch you not paying income tax the way they say you should (whatever you think the law actually means), they will tear you up but good. Unless you have nearly unlimited resources to fight back, it's not something I'd want to get involved in.

Top Bottom