• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Oh. Well, gee, maybe I should trade one of my P226 Legions off for a P229. Should it be the SAO, or the black .MIL one?
    I really wanted a legion sao 229, really really wanted one!…the I got my chance to hold one, and the safety got in my way of the slide release, I couldn’t activate it with my thumb…so my love (and want) of a sao legion went out the window!

And as for the 228 vs 229 I thought the difference was the picatinny rail on the 228, the 229 doesn’t have the rail (at least mine doesn’t) my m11a1 (229) has the stainless slide (not folded) because it was made in America, my understanding is sig made most of their “p 2” series (but not every model) one of 3 ways
    1- German made with carbon steel slide (these have proof marks on the frame, and a removable locking block on the slide)
    2- German made frame with American made slide (these say made in Germany on the box or frame, and have a 1 piece machined slide)
    3-American made frame and one piece steel slides

I have 2 complete German made guns (a 77 made 220 and a 86 made 226
    1 German/American 220
    And the rest are all American made

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I really wanted a legion sao 229, really really wanted one!…the I got my chance to hold one, and the safety got in my way of the slide release, I couldn’t activate it with my thumb…so my love (and want) of a sao legion went out the window!

And as for the 228 vs 229 I thought the difference was the picatinny rail on the 228, the 229 doesn’t have the rail (at least mine doesn’t) my m11a1 (229) has the stainless slide (not folded) because it was made in America, my understanding is sig made most of their “p 2” series (but not every model) one of 3 ways
    1- German made with carbon steel slide (these have proof marks on the frame, and a removable locking block on the slide)
    2- German made frame with American made slide (these say made in Germany on the box or frame, and have a 1 piece machined slide)
    3-American made frame and one piece steel slides

I have 2 complete German made guns (a 77 made 220 and a 86 made 226
    1 German/American 220
    And the rest are all American made
    My 228 doesn’t have a pic rail.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I had one of those and they are absolutely sweet. Would still be mine if I didn't need cash more... :(
    I just had mine down to HHRP this week. I was doing some work on my grip and finished with some timed drills on the draw with 4 rounds into an 8x10 sheet at 21 feet. Best I could do with the P229 was 2.23 seconds. Last draw of the day was a 1.98 with the SAO P226 Legion. I should really shoot that gun more.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I just had mine down to HHRP this week. I was doing some work on my grip and finished with some timed drills on the draw with 4 rounds into an 8x10 sheet at 21 feet. Best I could do with the P229 was 2.23 seconds. Last draw of the day was a 1.98 with the SAO P226 Legion. I should really shoot that gun more.

I just remember shooting that P226 Legion SAO very well. I kinda miss it. I wonder if I can get visitation soon? :):

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Been years since I've owned a Sig.

I won a silly priced P226 Legion a couple weeks ago on GB. Still haven't gotten it, and honestly am a bit worried I simply *won't* get it and will have to figure out some recourse for my payment (usps MO)

I've been hunting to find an IWB holster for it for the last week that will accommodate a TLR8 + holosun optic.

Found a singular option for a drop leg holster but no IWB tlr8 options.

Anyone have a similar setup p226 with an iwb holster? Or am I stuck trying to get a custom one.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Been years since I've owned a Sig.

I won a silly priced P226 Legion a couple weeks ago on GB. Still haven't gotten it, and honestly am a bit worried I simply *won't* get it and will have to figure out some recourse for my payment (usps MO)

I've been hunting to find an IWB holster for it for the last week that will accommodate a TLR8 + holosun optic.

Found a singular option for a drop leg holster but no IWB tlr8 options.

Anyone have a similar setup p226 with an iwb holster? Or am I stuck trying to get a custom one.
    Check out

I have one KT Mech, and would have a lot more if I didn’t build my own holsters.
    It’s a great holster built by a fantastic company.
    Look at the #6 KT defender for the only IWB with a light option that I see on their page.
    They were very quick with mine a few years ago and things have slowed down since.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Check out

I have one KT Mech, and would have a lot more if I didn’t build my own holsters.
    It’s a great holster built by a fantastic company.
    Look at the #6 KT defender for the only IWB with a light option that I see on their page.
    They were very quick with mine a few years ago and things have slowed down since.
    You make your own holsters? Kydex or leather? Can I see some?

Top Bottom