• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    The AXG has become my favorite but the Legion 320 is so much easier for me to shoot well
    It just depends on the day as to which I am in the mood to shoot, an AXG or a certain P226. Or both. I do similar with them on the clock even though they’re different.

When you say shoot well is there a time component in there pressuring you, and if so do you think that extra mass mitigates recoil?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I started looking at the TXG grip modules, specifically the Carry sized one. I never realized how much weight those have built into them, though I've never really looked at them extensively, since I got the hard on for the Wilson Combat stuff. Now I gave myself a complex of deciding between the AXG or the TXG grip module.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Looking at straight numbers, if I'm purely looking to add weight and not factoring in magazine base pads, here's the best cost/weight comparison I could come up with. The cost aspect is based on the color and design I would want (grey/black grip frame w/magwell).

The TXG would come within 1 ounce of the AXG setup, for $302 less.

1662387500967.png

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The other issue is ergos. I haven't held an AXG gun. I've had/held/fired the X-Series guns and I assume the TXG has the same ergos? I liked the X-Series frames, but they felt a little chunky for a carry gun, so I switched to the Wilson Combat grip modules. But, both of my P320's are not being used as carry guns and I really don't see myself carrying anything different than what I have for years now, which has been a P365 and then the P365XL.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    The other issue is ergos. I haven't held an AXG gun. I've had/held/fired the X-Series guns and I assume the TXG has the same ergos? I liked the X-Series frames, but they felt a little chunky for a carry gun, so I switched to the Wilson Combat grip modules. But, both of my P320's are not being used as carry guns and I really don't see myself carrying anything different than what I have for years now, which has been a P365 and then the P365XL.
    The regular mags will fit if you take the magwell off, just FYI in case you didn't know.

I feel like the Legion (I'm assuming the TXG is same as Legion) feels and handles different than the X series, like my grip is different.
    Now I'm curious and going to go make some comparisons.
    I've considered selling my Legion grip module, as I probably won't carry it, but surprised they are only $230 :(

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The regular mags will fit if you take the magwell off, just FYI in case you didn't know.

I feel like the Legion (I'm assuming the TXG is same as Legion) feels and handles different than the X series, like my grip is different.
    Now I'm curious and going to go make some comparisons.
    I've considered selling my Legion grip module, as I probably won't carry it, but surprised they are only $230 :(
    I knew about the mags.

The Carry TXG grip module is $229, but doesn't come with the magwell and grip weight. So those cost an extra $86.

The Fullsize medium module comes with the magwell and grip weight for only $249. That would save me money, but I have compact slides.

https://osagecountyguns.com/sig-sauer-p320-fullsize-medium-txg-grip-module-gray-w-mag-funnel.html

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I knew about the mags.

The Carry TXG grip module is $229, but doesn't come with the magwell and grip weight. So those cost an extra $86.

The Fullsize medium module comes with the magwell and grip weight for only $249. That would save me money, but I have compact slides.

https://osagecountyguns.com/sig-sauer-p320-fullsize-medium-txg-grip-module-gray-w-mag-funnel.html
    I enjoy the full size medium TXG grip module both on my X5 Legion and my still yet to go to the bench P320 Max…. The perfect polymer gripframe!!! Sig should of put this one on the X-Ten. The two AXG’s I have are fantastic shooters and that gripframe is splendid!!!! Give me a 10mm with either of these two gripframes :)

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I enjoy the full size medium TXG grip module both on my X5 Legion and my still yet to go to the bench P320 Max…. The perfect polymer gripframe!!! Sig should of put this one on the X-Ten. The two ACG’s I have are fantastic shooters and that gripframe is splendid!!!! Give me a 10mm with either of these two gripframes :)
    So your recommendation is both. Perfect. :cool:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Looking at straight numbers, if I'm purely looking to add weight and not factoring in magazine base pads, here's the best cost/weight comparison I could come up with. The cost aspect is based on the color and design I would want (grey/black grip frame w/magwell).

The TXG would come within 1 ounce of the AXG setup, for $302 less.

View attachment 222084
    So some surprises for me;
    1. I can’t find my factory original 320 xfive grip to save my life, so no measurements on it. After looking at them I’d bet there wouldn’t be much difference.
    2. I’ve always looked at the Wilson grip and seen something smaller. The only place it’s substantially smaller is measuring the width across the thumb/trigger finger. I was genuinely shocked it mostly measured out the same.

Another big difference in the Wilson grip is that it’s the only one that has a rounded front trigger guard, which I only first noticed as a holster maker, but do kind of wish it was consistent. I think this messes with my grip, as I have a (bad?) habit of wrapping a finger around a squared one.

In the following picture the far right column is for a p226 legion dao, because I wanted too. It’s kinda bigger all the way around but you can ignore it. In fact you can ignore the whole picture if you want, you might already all know this.
    ETA The 4th column is an AXG with Loc palmswell grips.
    4C946115-563A-4811-BF9F-6310996EC5D2.jpeg

Last edited:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That is. It's a DAK, which is why is a bit lower price but those can be converted to DA/SA
    As someone who started out on carrying a double action revolver, I like the DAK trigger just fine for a carry pistol at the cost of these.

I got multiple copies of the DAK P229 in .40SW and .357 Sig a few months ago from auctions on Gunbroker.
    Some of them are in unissued condition.
    I may change some of them over to DA/SA, but I'm happy with them the way they are.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    So some surprises for me;
    1. I can’t find my factory original 320 xfive grip to save my life, so no measurements on it. After looking at them I’d bet there wouldn’t be much difference.
    2. I’ve always looked at the Wilson grip and seen something smaller. The only place it’s substantially smaller is measuring the width across the thumb/trigger finger. I was genuinely shocked it mostly measured out the same.

Another big difference in the Wilson grip is that it’s the only one that has a rounded front trigger guard, which I only first noticed as a holster maker, but do kind of wish it was consistent. I think this messes with my grip, as I have a (bad?) habit of wrapping a finger around a squared one.

In the following picture the far right column is for a p226 legion dao, because I wanted too. It’s kinda bigger all the way around but you can ignore it. In fact you can ignore the whole picture if you want, you might already all know this.
    ETA The 4th column is an AXG with Loc palmswell grips.
    View attachment 222156
    Very helpful ! Thanks for posting that.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    What other Sig handgun does the AXG grip feel like? I've heard people mention it feels like a traditional P series, like a P229 or P226.
    Sitting here handling them all, it’s close but I think I like my LOK grips with the palmswell option the best, the grip rounds out and I feel most comfortable with it, and that happens to be most similar to the p226, which is something that shows up in the measurements, comparing to the other 320 grips.

Not sure if you’ll be down this way before you make a decision….

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom