• ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    WC grip module for the P320 XFull arrived today. I'm all smiles. This just feels so right.

VBUfmtR.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Any recommendations for a decent OWB Kydex holster for the P229 Legion? The holster type that I normally carry with will not arrive until after the new year and I’m thinking that what I have is just marginal right now

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Any recommendations for a decent OWB Kydex holster for the P229 Legion? The holster type that I normally carry with will not arrive until after the new year and I’m thinking that what I have is just marginal right now
    I would normally recommend the RCS Perun, but looks like they don't make one for the P229. My previous go-to OWB kydex holster was the Safariland 5198 with the belt loop.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    One thing that I realized tonight was that the Legion .40 slide is significantly wider than the Elite slide. When I ordered the last holster, it didn’t specify the caliber, but only whether it had a rail or not.

So, I need to go back to that order to see if I can figure out what holster I’ve got coming and then order another to cover what I don’t

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There’s a new P226 inbound. It’s a LE trade in, so I ordered a new set of G10 grips, a Sig factory refresh spring kit and an armorer’s video from Gray Guns. On Black Friday, I’ll pick up a set of new Night Fision sights. I also have a .357 Sig barrel coming from Sig for this one. While the frame is stripped, I’m going to send it out to AllenM for some color. The slide will be bead blasted back to a matte stainless. I’m really looking forward to this project.

Forgot to mention, I’ll be ordering a Gray Guns SRT and hybrid trigger kit. This should be a stellar piece when done.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    There’s a new P226 inbound. It’s a LE trade in, so I ordered a new set of G10 grips, a Sig factory refresh spring kit and an armorer’s video from Gray Guns. On Black Friday, I’ll pick up a set of new Night Fision sights. I also have a .357 Sig barrel coming from Sig for this one. While the frame is stripped, I’m going to send it out to AllenM for some color. The slide will be bead blasted back to a matte stainless. I’m really looking forward to this project.

Forgot to mention, I’ll be ordering a Gray Guns SRT and hybrid trigger kit. This should be a stellar piece when done.

This is will be fun to watch!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’m starting to second guess my original intent on color. I was thinking of going with an FDE frame and matte stainless slide but am now thinking that since this will be a carry gun, going with something less flashy like a dark bronze or gray. Maybe black frame and charcoal metallic slide.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I’m starting to second guess my original intent on color. I was thinking of going with an FDE frame and matte stainless slide but am now thinking that since this will be a carry gun, going with something less flashy like a dark bronze or gray. Maybe black frame and charcoal metallic slide.

We did a dark grey and a black on an AR. Very subtle color difference.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I'm not a fan of FDE. Just never did anything for me, especially in the handgun space. This idea: "Maybe black frame and charcoal metallic slide" sounds stellar.

Of course if you have coyote brown grips coming that wouldn't go with this (brown belt is a no go with black shoes type of thing).

Last edited:
    Top Bottom