The Senator is anti-gun for you, but as for he and his house...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I'm not so eager to accept one site that uses others sites as a direct source, but I think that VoteSmart is pretty reliable, since they just show raw numbers for each issue, as well as actual ratings from lobbying and citizen groups, namely the NRA in this case.

Robert Soles, Jr.'s Ratings and Endorsements - The Voter's Self Defense System - Vote Smart

It's tough to say if the NRA's mostly favorable ratings in the link above could have taken a downward turn before said shooting incident, or even if he could have made a key vote that would make many pro-gunners unhappy, but at least this link indicates that he's not exactly anti-gun, certainly no Chuck "The Schmuck" Schumer or Babs "Strident Feminazi" Boxer.

Also, my search looped right back to INGO, circa 2009.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...sen-rc-soles-positive-gun-ownership-news.html

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm not so eager to accept one site that uses others sites as a direct source, but I think that VoteSmart is pretty reliable, since they just show raw numbers for each issue, as well as actual ratings from lobbying and citizen groups, namely the NRA in this case.

Robert Soles, Jr.'s Ratings and Endorsements - The Voter's Self Defense System - Vote Smart

It's tough to say if the NRA's mostly favorable ratings in the link above could have taken a downward turn before said shooting incident, or even if he could have made a key vote that would make many pro-gunners unhappy, but at least this link indicates that he's not exactly anti-gun, certainly no Chuck "The Schmuck" Schumer or Babs "Strident Feminazi" Boxer.

Also, my search looped right back to INGO, circa 2009.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...sen-rc-soles-positive-gun-ownership-news.html

Whenever I see an old thread linked I always go read it, and it always amazes me how many SHOOTERS there are who posted in it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Things that are more important to anti-gun politicians than you or your family:

1) Themselves (as evidenced by personal gun ownership for them and/or armed security details assigned to them).
    2) Money (armed security in banks).
    3) Appearances (pandering to their anti-gun constituents while failing to apply their "rules" to themselves).

invent11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 11, 2015
    Fishers
    Just another hypocritical politician. Nothing new really- left wing dems have a mental disorder- just like Hillary fly around promoting the environment in one of the most gas guzzling jets - absolute morons

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yes, its so much better to pursue your gun control hypocracy with an unregistered gun, preferably provided to you by a relative in federal law enforcement. Did anything ever happen to him besides a slap on the wrist? You or I would STILL be in the hole on that one.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I had to look up Carl Rowen because I forgot what his thing was all about. Heh. It seems he really bought into the mindset that the gun has a personhood. It was a good gun, a legal gun, because it belonged to his FBI son. I kind of imagine that he would have justified shooting anyone with it for any reason, because it was such a righteous gun, being his son's.

And then there are the circumstances. That kid swimming in his pool was such a threat to his life for him to use deadly force. :rolleyes:

It's a shame I forgot all about him. His mug was a fitting poster for the face of gun control back in the day.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Anyone care to enlighten me to any of the laws he supported that were anti-gun?

If he did make a career of "being against ordinary citizens owning guns", how did he get an 'A' rating from the NRA? I know the NRA rating isn't the end all of gun rights advocacy, but I do think the NRA tends to frown on politicians who make careers of that sort of thing.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If he did make a career of "being against ordinary citizens owning guns", how did he get an 'A' rating from the NRA? I know the NRA rating isn't the end all of gun rights advocacy, but I do think the NRA tends to frown on politicians who make careers of that sort of thing.

I don't think we'll ever get this answer on INGO.

So if we ban Que for posting this, do we get CathyInBlue back? :dunno:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom