patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    voters.jpg

And they just refuse to be reasoned with about it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

And the other option is????
    For most of man's existence, he has toiled just to have shelter and feed himself.
    People now eat, and have a house. They usually don't have to chop lumber for heat. They travel further than their ancestors. They have entertainment on command. Information at their fingertips.
    Having to provide output for that is so bad?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    And the other option is????
    For most of man's existence, he has toiled just to have shelter and feed himself.
    People now eat, and have a house. They usually don't have to chop lumber for heat. They travel further than their ancestors. They have entertainment on command. Information at their fingertips.
    Having to provide output for that is so bad?
    I wear the same clothes when "working" as I do evenings/weekends (unless I am doing "dirty" work).
    I don't commute.
    No car payments.
    The house is pretty much "abuzz" all day. Certainly not empty.

Then again, as my wife can attest, I am far from normal.

I do get the point, though. We work so hard trying to pay for all the things that make us have to work so hard. We don't get to enjoy them, because we are working. It makes one wonder: If I worked less, I may have less, but would I enjoy it more?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think you guys might be under-estimating one group............and over-estimating the other.

I'm not trying to engineer a result, I just wouldn't mind if people who didn't care about voting didn't vote. I'll go further than that. I'm not a fan of voter registration drives. If you don't care enough to seek out what it takes to register to vote, stay home.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm not trying to engineer a result, I just wouldn't mind if people who didn't care about voting didn't vote. I'll go further than that. I'm not a fan of voter registration drives. If you don't care enough to seek out what it takes to register to vote, stay home.

Heh! I've been saying this for years. Every time I hear someone plead, cajole, or admonish folks to get out and make their voices heard, I imagine that would sound like "Duuuhhhh?" when they do so. We don't need ignorant people PLUS misguided people voting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom