• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbLgszfXTAY]YouTube - The Road - Official Trailer [HD][/ame]

I forgot all about this movie, but I want to see it after watching the trailer!

Infact Blockbuster, my friend shall rent it to me :rockwoot:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I have it from NetFlix sitting on my coffee table right now. I've seen about 1/2 of it so far (hard to get TV time right now), and hope to finish it this weekend. Talk about a dark movie. Some parts are the typical post-apocalypse genre, some parts really make you think.

I think there is a thread or two on it in the SHTF forum, and maybe in the Break Room.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    My 13 year old daughter loved it......

It opened eyes to many people who watched it, she even talked a few friends of hers to see it.

One parent asked me about planning for a disaster.

It probably depends on the age and maturity level. I cannot imagine attempting to explain to my 6 year old or 3 year old nephews, the scene where the father is teaching his son how to commit suicide, or the scene where he prepares to kill his own son to save him the horror of cannibalism. I think my brother goes a little overboard in censoring his son's media, but there are some subjects that are probably better left for when they're older.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    And I would not expect most on this board to like it, given that one of the closing themes is charity and generosity, and holding on to one's humanity and spiritual health, even in the face of starvation.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I really liked it. The morailty play of keeping your humanity while staring in the face of death is one of the things that drew me in. The other was the dilema of whether to go on living or commit suicide in a world where there is absolutely no hope.

I think, of all the apocalyptic movies I've watched, that this is the most realistic. I would think, under the circumstances given in the film, that humanity would quickly stoop to that level. How could you not think so when two women will nearly fight to the death over the last Tickle Me Elmo (or whatever stupid toy is the newest fad) at X-mas time? Also, after the storms we had about a month ago, you could see how quickly people turn on eachother and strt placing blame when the creature comforts disappear...even if it's only for a few days.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I wish I had never seen it, if you don't put a gun in your mouth 1/2 way through it you don't relise how hopeless the situation is.

If it gets that bad why would you want to live,

I would never recommend anyone ever watching it

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I wish I had never seen it, if you don't put a gun in your mouth 1/2 way through it you don't relise how hopeless the situation is.

If it gets that bad why would you want to live,

I would never recommend anyone ever watching it
    My brother read the book and had the same reaction. I can't get through the book because Cormac McCarthy's writing style drives me insane.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I was ehh on it. the thing I hate cormac based movies is no real beginning or end but I do like that it is not like 99% of movies today that ruin their movies by having a valiant and triumphant ending.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    One of the most depressing movies. Left me with as much joy as "AI" did.
    AI just made me want to punch Spielberg. Don't tell me at the beginning that the kid is a toaster, and at the end try to convince me that he's a real boy like Pinocchio.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Brothers, survivalism by ourselve is almost meaningless.

But we must remember, that survival is also about family. It is doom and gloom to consider the future, but being prepared to but as ruthless to save your family is a concept many of us have forgotten due to our modernization.

It's movies like this that should help one determine if they have the ability to be the type of person it takes to survive when both the four legged and two legged wolves are at our door, wanting our families.

I dont know about you guys, but my family will never experience the brutality the world has to offer while Im breathing.

EDIT:

AND SISTERS 'n stuff

I dont like to discrimminate against my sisters :)

Last edited:

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I would suggest reading the book before watching the movie because as usual, the book is "better".

I haven't read any other books that have painted such vivid images. You can literally not go 2 pages without reading about darkness or death or pain. Its not a happy book, but its a book that makes you feel.

The movie is pretty good, too.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom