• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neal

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    North central Indiana
    I just remembered ! A few years ago, there was a limited edition "Rifleman" commemorative Winchester 92 loop ring rifle offered for sale. I can't recall if it was Winchester, or another maker who offered it. I recall the screw was positioned so it could not trip the trigger.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    There was an article on Chuck Connor's gun in the American Rifleman last year I believe. He actually could shoot that thing and did for exhibitions! There were three rifles, as I recall. One was just one they left in the saddle sheath, the second was one they actually shot and the third was one they used for close ups of the gun.
    Also, if you'll notice, in the opening credits he actually fires 12 shots instead of 11. The show people thought 12 sounded neater so they dubbed in an extra shot--something his rifle could not do. It's a 10+1. Just some interesting info.

Neal

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    North central Indiana
    There was an article on Chuck Connor's gun in the American Rifleman last year I believe. He actually could shoot that thing and did for exhibitions! There were three rifles, as I recall. One was just one they left in the saddle sheath, the second was one they actually shot and the third was one they used for close ups of the gun.
    Also, if you'll notice, in the opening credits he actually fires 12 shots instead of 11. The show people thought 12 sounded neater so they dubbed in an extra shot--something his rifle could not do. It's a 10+1. Just some interesting info.

Well though the magic of television I saw him fire approximately 24 times (IIRC) without reloading during a gunfight in North Fork. :ar15:

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    I loved that show when I was a kid. That and "Branded."

I still remember the song for that one. Man, TV shows today -- ten seconds of music and that's the opening credit. Thank you, Psych, for having a song. :)

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Can't wait to see the movie but I think that the same channel has Kojack, 12'oclock high, Combat and a ton of others,

Top Bottom