• Status
    Not open for further replies.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Trump or Clinton? Aren't those the choices? If enough stay home because they don't like Trump, are they not in fact giving Clinton the White House and giving us all the consequences of that?

Here is an analogy: Many years ago I learned something about doctors. Some of them are real jerks (they are human) but very good at what they do. Others can have great bedside manners, but not be tops in what they do. Which one would you want to treat you?

We all recall how Obama took our fine state. If he could do it couldn't Clinton also pull it off? Won't we feel great to find our State went to her?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump or Clinton? Aren't those the choices? If enough stay home because they don't like Trump, are they not in fact giving Clinton the White House and giving us all the consequences of that?

Here is an analogy: Many years ago I learned something about doctors. Some of them are real jerks (they are human) but very good at what they do. Others can have great bedside manners, but not be tops in what they do. Which one would you want to treat you?

We all recall how Obama took our fine state. If he could do it couldn't Clinton also pull it off? Won't we feel great to find our State went to her?

I know INGO has a hard-line stance on Clinton, and I loathe the woman too. Aside from SCOTUS, however, I tend to lean more toward Trump doing more damage than her.

She's awful. She's a terrible person. But she'd be gone in four years, and the GOP would have a chance to replace her with a real candidate (as long as we don't do this clownshow BS again).

But SCOTUS is my biggest fear with her. If there's a vacancy, she cannot fill it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

It may be a race to the bottom.

The Dems are having their own turnout issues, in a highly contested, divisive primary of their own. If it is Trump v. Clinton, both bases may stay home.

Re-thinking the first line of this post, it may be something more like a race to the middle of the road, with angry traffic on either side.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    She says he "hates women" then in the next breath goes on about how he tried to get her in bed.

Yes, he certainly "hates" women.

I didn't read the article, mostly because I don't care about who Trump tries to sleep with (as long as his spouse is okay with it). However, the idea that you have to not hate someone to use them for sex is laughable.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I know INGO has a hard-line stance on Clinton, and I loathe the woman too. Aside from SCOTUS, however, I tend to lean more toward Trump doing more damage than her.

She's awful. She's a terrible person. But she'd be gone in four years, and the GOP would have a chance to replace her with a real candidate (as long as we don't do this clownshow BS again).

But SCOTUS is my biggest fear with her. If there's a vacancy, she cannot fill it.

I am not seeing how Trump could possibly do more damage than Clinton. There is no greater damage than what she would do to the Supreme Court. That is the ultimate issue.
    Sit at home if you don't enjoy your firearm freedoms. I will vote for whoever opposes Hillary. I don't care who it is.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I am not seeing how Trump could possibly do more damage than Clinton. There is no greater damage than what she would do to the Supreme Court. That is the ultimate issue.
    Sit at home if you don't enjoy your firearm freedoms. I will vote for whoever opposes Hillary. I don't care who it is.

What has Trump done to earn your trust in him not harming your firearm freedoms?

Donald Trump said:
    ...I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

Confirm Garland, I like that prospect better than whoever Trump or Hilary would pick.
    Hilary would be bad but I have no idea which Trump we're gonna get, will he set up torture chambers and go after suspected terrorists spouses and children? Just the prospect might be too much, even if Hilary *tries* to push strict gun control, some things are more important than even gun control laws.

That said has anyone asked if she would re nominate Garland if she were elected?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Confirm Garland, I like that prospect better than whoever Trump or Hilary would pick.
    Hilary would be bad but I have no idea which Trump we're gonna get, will he set up torture chambers and go after suspected terrorists spouses and children? Just the prospect might be too much, even if Hilary *tries* to push strict gun control, some things are more important than even gun control laws.

That said has anyone asked if she would re nominate Garland if she were elected?

Can you cite a source where Trump has said that he would do such?

And waterboarding terrorists pales in comparison to gun control.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Can you cite a source where Trump has said that he would do such?
    Which part?

The "kill the families" of terrorists has been pretty well documented - even when he denied saying it.
    ISIS: Donald Trump Says He'd 'Take Out' Terrorists' Families
    Donald Trump on terrorists: 'Take out their families' - CNNPolitics.com
    Trump: We Have to Profile, Track Terror Suspects, 'Go After the Wives' - Breitbart
    From the latter:
    Trump said, “You have people that have to be tracked. If they’re Muslim, they’re Muslims. People have to be tracked. I use the word vigilance we have show vigilance if we don’t we’re foolish people. We’re being led by people that don’t know what is happening when you have President Obama talking about global warming as our biggest problem we have a president that is just not with it at all.”

Dickerson asked, “You mention families go after families, what does that mean? ”

Trump explained, “Well at least I would certainly go after the wives who absolutely knew what was happening and I guess your definition of what I do, I’m going to leave that to your imagination. But I will tell you I would be very tough on families because the families know what is happening. Even in this last instance.”
    In terms of the "torture chambers" - he has consistently said that waterboarding "and worse" would be his plan.

As recently as a couple weeks ago:
    Donald Trump on torture: 'We have to beat the savages' - CNNPolitics.com
    Donald Trump is casting aside any doubt about his position on torture: He's in favor of it because "we have to beat the savages."Trump vowed on Friday that he would never instruct the military to break the law -- appearing to flip on his previous promise to bring back waterboarding and more severe forms of torture. But on Saturday he said repeatedly, during a rally and a late-night news conference, that he would seek to "broaden" the laws to allow torture, including but not limited to waterboarding.

And waterboarding terrorists pales in comparison to gun control.
    Apples and lasers.

As a policy, a president is more able to accomplish torture (under whatever definition) than gun control.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump aide: I'll leave GOP if party blocks nomination | TheHill

How can you block what has not been won?

Either way, he's too late. I'm already done with the party if he gets the nomination.

What does this mean exactly?

Why do you think she'll be gone in 4 years? This presumes that she either won't want another term, would be physically unable to take on another term, or would be easily defeated in 4 years.

I don't think any of those conditions are all that likely. I wouldn't be surprised if the Republican Party fell apart like the Whigs.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    What does this mean exactly?

Why do you think she'll be gone in 4 years? This presumes that she either won't want another term, would be physically unable to take on another term, or would be easily defeated in 4 years.

I don't think any of those conditions are all that likely. I wouldn't be surprised if the Republican Party fell apart like the Whigs.

We can only hope

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom