• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    We have a rule at the longbow family that whenever a big purchases made the other spouse can spend an equal amount. Unless it is used by both of us.

I just purchased a new rifle and my wife smiled at me when I told her the cost of it and decided to go on the immediate shopping spree.

So please don't laugh at me when I tell you about $1000 Glock pistols or $2000 AR rifles that I have purchased I factor in the additional pay off to the spouse.

MAGAZINES, ACCESSORIES AND OTHER SUPPORT EQUIPMENT FOR MY FIREARMS ARE IN THE GRAY AREA AND I PRAY THEY STAY IN A GRAY AREA

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I always pass some money along to the spouse but only when I sell off a few to get a better one. She benefits just not on the front end.
    She knows that if we hit a rough patch (have in the past) that my collection will be moved to keep the lights burning and the fridge full.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    By ATF definition, the lower is the "rifle" right? In that case, who are you to argue with the federal government? :)

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    If I had the money in guns that we spend on horses.... Don't even want to count up.. So she doesn't complain when a gun follows me home and I ask if we can keep it...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We have a rule at the longbow family that whenever a big purchases made the other spouse can spend an equal amount. Unless it is used by both of us.

I just purchased a new rifle and my wife smiled at me when I told her the cost of it and decided to go on the immediate shopping spree.

So please don't laugh at me when I tell you about $1000 Glock pistols or $2000 AR rifles that I have purchased I factor in the additional pay off to the spouse.

MAGAZINES, ACCESSORIES AND OTHER SUPPORT EQUIPMENT FOR MY FIREARMS ARE IN THE GRAY AREA AND I PRAY THEY STAY IN A GRAY AREA

We have a similar arrangement. But I may under report the real cost of guns. And I don't share what I spend on accessories and ammo.

Just tell her after every purchase that it's value doubled as soon as you brought it home.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Some of you will probably laugh but...WE have our "dark hole" monies that we each budget for. I get an "allowance" of so many dollars per week and I save mine. I don't know what she does with hers but since she's in charge of the family finances, I think she's coming out OK. :D Our only arguments are if something I buy should be a dark hole money buy or not. Guns and ammo are no brainers but there have be other "accessories" that I've managed to get by the auditor without notice or too much gnashing of my teeth. :)

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    This is the picture that I sent my wife when I agreed to let her spend $3k on cabinets that weren't necessary but just nice to have (she already rebuilt the entire kitchen last year). Someday...

godfather.JPG

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    If I had the money in guns that we spend on horses.... Don't even want to count up.. So she doesn't complain when a gun follows me home and I ask if we can keep it...

I am terrified of horses, not in a literal sense but in a finical one hahaha they are as bad as boats! Or worse!

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Single here, but a similar problem. Seems every time I go to buy one gun two come home from the gun shop with me :D

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    My life seems simpler.

ME: Honey I am going to buy some guns, ammo and other stuff.
    WIFE: Can you pick up something for dinner while you are out?
    ME: Sure can, see ya in a bit.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

Just wait until you buy a $6500 Wilson Combat! Not to mention a $20,000 Barrett M82A1!

rockola1971

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    Over Here
    Im just lucky my girlfriend cant tell the difference between a rifle and a shotgun (usually). Common quotes from me: "honey I bought that gun last year" or "Ive had that one for months" or "No that gun is not new, I bought it used". Then there is also "Hey! They are having a gun sale/auction" :laugh:

Top Bottom