• Status
    Not open for further replies.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    I still have a little keychain with a random quarter drilled and placed on it my grandpa made for my grandma. Horde or family pride, call it what you will.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Yep, and apparently he didn't read the classified rules in the process. No surprise. Let's see if he sticks around after the sale and tries to be a participating member.

The way the thread he started is going wouldn't be surprised if he closes the ad and never comes back.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yep, and apparently he didn't read the classified rules in the process. No surprise. Let's see if he sticks around after the sale and tries to be a participating member.

A link to pics is totally the same as posting a pic. Rookie said it was state law.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah, but as someone pointed out upthread, sometimes they wait awhile before they start the run. But when they, do....

It may very well mean that whatever they wanted was sold before they made it to 50 3 years ago and they haven't seen anything that floats their boat since.

...at least that's what some wise man once said.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    You didn't look at his join date, didn't you?

Yes I saw it. I also saw that 48 of the 50 posts came came within the past 3 hours. A member for 4 1/2 years with almost zero posts until it's time to sell something. I don't call that a contributing member. Why would we expect this to change after the sale, if there is one. He may be the greatest, funniest guy in the world, but no one here knows.

A link to pics is totally the same as posting a pic. Rookie said it was state law.

News to me. Did they change it again. Last I read it wasn't permitted. For $8000 I would make damn sure there were lots of pics in the thread.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Yes I saw it. I also saw that 48 of the 50 posts came came within the past 3 hours. A member for 4 1/2 years with almost zero posts until it's time to sell something. I don't call that a contributing member. Why would we expect this to change after the sale, if there is one. He may be the greatest, funniest guy in the world, but no one here knows.

Yeah. It is a classic run, but he followed the rules just fine which makes him a contributing member. The Mods were quite aware of his run and kept an eye on it. He obviously is more of a lurker. Nothing wrong with that. A potential buyer can judge him by his posting history and content just as well as if he did it over 30 days.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Reported for linking pics instead of posting them. :)

Oh man. I always get that wrong.

I promise I'll post pics next time.

ETA:
    I guess that actually answers the question, "Is he really a member?" A real member would've known to post

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom