• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    Which is odd CM because I knew who you were on the forum long before shadow... I also remember seeing his post count though recently and being shocked as well as wondering why I haven't seen as many of his posts. Are you a little more active on INGO than him lately? You may catch him, you never know!

You knew CM because he is a very intelligent man and a good friend of mine ,, he builds Awesome 1911 , race cares and is a retired HVAC man , Raise on the west side - well hell I cant say enough good things about this man - but any ways hes out there in the forum spreading his knowledge -which is lucky for you all that he does , hes also into politics and many many more things . You don't see me out there cause I found a home in the OSUT area -good friends great people . My self I haven't had the pleasure of being able to have gun for very long - I read a lot in the forum - and learn a lot - and its best if I stay away from politics and things of that nature , in short im the guy in the trenches , I sponsor events - host events -pay my support fee , i'll be there in a drop of a hat if you need me , this is me - I don't get on any one or bit-ch on what they do in here , but I find it funny every one bit-chs about my post count -- its a number - its a hobby to me and the whole time im posting ,im meeting new friends ,making new friend ,and believe it or not learning some thing all the time . Thanks for taking the time to read this and hey stop by the OSUT and say hello .

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    What the hell is going on around here, anyway?

I credit pudly's "newbie rush to the classifieds"™ information post for reducing the number of newbies making a run. Whenever I see a thread indicating that a newbie is looking to get to the classifieds, I post the following, with the parts in red modified or removed. I've used it about a half-dozen times so far. One person became a site supporter and I don't think that the others have made a run (yet). There is nothing wrong with a newbie wanting to get to the classifieds. They just need to understand and follow the local rules and hopefully this makes them abundantly clear.

Welcome to INGO, name.

Obviously you are new here, but asking for help to get around our community rules won't buy you much goodwill. We believe those rules make this forum a better place. This is a gun owner community that has a classifieds area for contributing members, not a free classifieds site. If you are strictly looking for the latter, then Hoosier Topics or Armslist might be a better forum for you.

That being said, if you want to get to INGO's classifieds ASAP, there are two ways:
    1. Create 50 "quality" posts. Ask and/or answer questions. Participate in discussions. Share your firearm photos. There are many ways to create quality posts, even if you aren't a firearms expert. Some try to bypass this requirement by creating 50 short, useless posts. This just pollutes the site and ends up wasting the time of hundreds of other members who have the misfortune to read them. The moderators are very aware of this tactic and will delete junk posts. Think of this as a probationary period where you learn about INGO and we will learn at least some about you via your contributions to its content.
    2. Become a site supporter. For $20 (PayPal is fastest), you get a number of benefits, including early access to the classifieds. This provides an alternate way to contribute to INGO. Servers aren't free. If you do take this route, be sure to follow the note about contacting Scutter01.
    INGO is a very good community and a great info resource. Many of us have made new friends here, both online and in person. I hope you will participate and become part of that group.
    :ingo:

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I credit pudly's "newbie rush to the classifieds"™ information post for reducing the number of newbies making a run. Whenever I see a thread indicating that a newbie is looking to get to the classifieds, I post the following, with the parts in red modified or removed. I've used about a half-dozen times so far. One person became a site supporter and I don't think that the others have made a run (yet). There is nothing wrong with a newbie wanting to get to the classifieds. They just need to understand and follow the local rules and hopefully this makes them abundantly clear.

:+1:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom