Not open for further replies.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Calling these dweebs out seems to cause a big enough melt down to get them to go way either by mod whack or self imposed shunning of us. But that doesn't make the forum look like a friendly place. The site supporter rule would kill the average runner or at least draw some revenue. I guess I don't see why Texkev wouldn't want to make a few bucks. The regulars on this place seldom use the classifieds. The ones that do are usually site supporters. Ponying up 20 bucks won't kill the average forum user wanting to buy or sell something. JMHO

I get tired of the one liners that mean nothing in a good thread I am following.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    All this is a great idea but requires changes in the soft ware I am assuming.

Turn off the portion that gives automatic access at 50. Have those that want to access the classifieds ask for it to be turned on once they qualify. This would also let a time limit be set for participation without interference or changes to the software.

New (or old members who haven't posted yet) members meet a post requirement 50 to 100.
    AFTER they hit their post requirement they wait 2 weeks (or whatever). This discourages the instant gratification urge.
    After both are met they send a message asking for access to the classifieds like a pre-50 member does when they pay their SS fee.
    If they aren't interested in the classifieds then nothing changes, they can browse but no posting until they ask. They can still send PM's after the required number of posts.

Software shouldn't change, just a minor tweak.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Calling these dweebs out seems to cause a big enough melt down to get them to go way either by mod whack or self imposed shunning of us. But that doesn't make the forum look like a friendly place. The site supporter rule would kill the average runner or at least draw some revenue. I guess I don't see why Texkev wouldn't want to make a few bucks. The regulars on this place seldom use the classifieds. The ones that do are usually site supporters. Ponying up 20 bucks won't kill the average forum user wanting to buy or sell something. JMHO

I get tired of the one liners that mean nothing in a good thread I am following.

Yep. Get a couple of people doing that then it's difficult to even pick up where you left off in the 'unread posts' page. I've given up several times. I marked everything read then shut it down for a few hours. I wasn't worth the trouble of sorting through all the garbage that was strewn about.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    A minor tweak to you and me might be a thousand lined of code.

My son showed me a thousand lines of code that made a dot shrink, grow and change color.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Turn off the portion that gives automatic access at 50. Have those that want to access the classifieds ask for it to be turned on once they qualify. This would also let a time limit be set for participation without interference or changes to the software.

New (or old members who haven't posted yet) members meet a post requirement 50 to 100.
    AFTER they hit their post requirement they wait 2 weeks (or whatever). This discourages the instant gratification urge.
    After both are met they send a message asking for access to the classifieds like a pre-50 member does when they pay their SS fee.
    If they aren't interested in the classifieds then nothing changes, they can browse but no posting until they ask. They can still send PM's after the required number of posts.

Software shouldn't change, just a minor tweak.

And triple the work on the Admin. They do all the on and off switch's not us. I am just a lowly janitor my friend. Just a lowly janitor.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

He got his 50 after starting a thread about getting 50 posts https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/introductions-greetings/430526-first-50-a.html . Stated in the thread he was not hear to buy or sell. Hit his 50 and right to the classifieds and PM's. I called him out on it in his "50 post" thread and he gets all snarky with me. No problems. Just another on my ignore list.

agerm220

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 29, 2016
    CROWN POINT
    He got his 50 after starting a thread about getting 50 posts https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/introductions-greetings/430526-first-50-a.html . Stated in the thread he was not hear to buy or sell. Hit his 50 and right to the classifieds and PM's. I called him out on it in his "50 post" thread and he gets all snarky with me. No problems. Just another on my ignore list.

Do do you really have nothing better to do than to concern yourself with me. Great put me on your ignore list. With that attitude and your need to monitor what others post, I have no use for for you anyway. do something constructive with your time. Or something that benefits society.

gamecrimez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Lafayette
    Do do you really have nothing better to do than to concern yourself with me. Great put me on your ignore list. With that attitude and your need to monitor what others post, I have no use for for you anyway. do something constructive with your time. Or something that benefits society.

Chill out guy. They called you on it. Go thru & read this tread they seem to be pretty good at seeing someone for what they are. That's you, hit the 50 & to the classifieds you go.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

You never read the book, How to Win Friends and INfluence People, did you?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom