ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    :)

I truly love and enjoy this place.
    I have made so many solid friends and reliable acquaintances here.
    My learning curve has gone vertical since joining and the Mod thing only embraces that.
    I even like you fellas.......:):

I was buying it right up to that last sentence.

Ghost Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Central
    Hope it's okay to jump in here, but just a question...what is it about cheeseburgers? I like cheeseburgers. Is there a certain place members frequent?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have made initial contact with him.
    There are some members that see this as a bully tactic to get funds.
    $20 to help run the site is not any way near profitable. Just a good will measure to ensure the lights stay on.
    I am getting a bit protective of the forum.

If he just stays in the classifieds we will know if he is a member or a user. He is selling multiple versions of a hand made item, I'll bet he runs a a ad forever. If he sells a few it would be nice if he contributed to the sight. We will see.

I am going on my 6th year here on the site. I am fond of this place and I am a little protective too.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Hope it's okay to jump in here, but just a question...what is it about cheeseburgers? I like cheeseburgers. Is there a certain place members frequent?
    Churchmouse is a great guy. On a few occasions, after an argument with somebody on these boards, he has offered to meet over it in person and bury the hatchet. This is generally done at an establishment that serves hamburgers.

Ghost Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Central
    Churchmouse is a great guy. On a few occasions, after an argument with somebody on these boards, he has offered to meet over it in person and bury the hatchet. This is generally done at an establishment that serves hamburgers.

I was beginning to wonder seeing how the established keep calling him a bully.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine

Union Jack's in Speedway (and occasionally Broad Ripple) have been known to see an INGOer or 2 eat a cheeseburger/tenderloin there.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I was beginning to wonder seeing how the established keep calling him a bully.

There was one member in particular that got in to it with CM. Specifically called him an internet bully. CM offered to meet in person and discuss, he even offered to buy the cheeseburger. That never happened. That member has since been banned. CM has continued to buy cheeseburgers for people, I got one once, I bought him one once.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    There was one member in particular that got in to it with CM. Specifically called him an internet bully. CM offered to meet in person and discuss, he even offered to buy the cheeseburger. That never happened. That member has since been banned. CM has continued to buy cheeseburgers for people, I got one once, I bought him one once.

I got one too. I'm getting his next time.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    The only place I'd get a cheeseburger is Five Guys, had bad experience with several places. I guess beef is still high price wise, seems they are using filler because it tastes like sawdust.

Ghost Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Central

So you have to "get in to it" with him and he will buy you a cheeseburger? Or vise versa? The man can't be all that bad as he has been shooting 1911's since the age of 12. I would buy him a steak just for that.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    So you have to "get in to it" with him and he will buy you a cheeseburger? Or vise versa? The man can't be all that bad as he has been shooting 1911's since the age of 12. I would buy him a steak just for that.
    You don't have to get in to it anymore. That's just how it started. Now it's a friendly tradition. Sometimes we joke like we're insulting him. Purple is used to denote sarcasm on INGO. Oh, but just because something isn't purple doesn't mean it's serious. If something sounds insulting, rude, ridiculous you can usually hedge on it being said in jest. Of course one should still display good taste and humor when making such posts.

INGO has a good number of Meet and Eat events throughout the year. INGO Events Great way to get to know the folks here.

In due time you will also learn what "ban Mbills" "uncoiled rice" and "wallet" mean.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

You don't have to get in to it anymore. That's just how it started. Now it's a friendly tradition. Sometimes we joke like we're insulting him. Purple is used to denote sarcasm on INGO. Oh, but just because something isn't purple doesn't mean it's serious. If something sounds insulting, rude, ridiculous you can usually hedge on it being said in jest. Of course one should still display good taste and humor when making such posts.

INGO has a good number of Meet and Eat events throughout the year. INGO Events Great way to get to know the folks here.

In due time you will also learn what "ban Mbills" "uncoiled rice" and "wallet" mean.

Thanks Denny. Twice in the same thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom