• Status
    Not open for further replies.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I'll bet you wish you had a nickel for every time that's happened.

I generally don't think I upset too many people, at least I don't think I do. Every now and then someone will make an "angry" comment because of my user name but not very often. What I said to him in the visitor messages in no way should have provoked that response. He violated the rules, knew he was doing it, played it off and acted ignorant of it when warned by someone else, got called out and became upset.

It's probably a good thing he's gone now instead of later. It looks like a ton of anger, selfishness, violations and drama has been avoided. The potential for epicness was there but so was the potential for dragging down other members with him.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I would bet sending a PM.

Could have been. The 'current activity' on the profile showed viewing user profile for 11 minutes with the last post being 12 minutes before that. Offline now. I'm sure there will be a surprise waiting the next time they get online.

No idea what got into them. Earlier in the day the posts were just fine. Maybe a little short, but they were on topic and at least made an effort. All the sudden a little more than a half hour ago the work vomit started. Completely out of the blue.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Could have been. The 'current activity' on the profile showed viewing user profile for 11 minutes with the last post being 12 minutes before that. Offline now. I'm sure there will be a surprise waiting the next time they get online.

No idea what got into them. Earlier in the day the posts were just fine. Maybe a little short, but they were on topic and at least made an effort. All the sudden a little more than a half hour ago the work vomit started. Completely out of the blue.

I'm hoping for the....

View attachment 45604

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I'm hoping for the....

View attachment 45604

Very well may happen. I think this will be the second time a warning or smack will have been issued, IIRC.

Edit to add:

Yep. Thought I remembered it from a couple days ago. It starts here. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...what-do-they-want-part-2-a-7.html#post6397219
    I remember seeing at least 8 one liner posts get smacked down. Expat said he saw 20 before the magic "reset to 0" happened.

THe "no mods online" happened. Worst function on this site IMO.

Would be nice to have a 3rd shift mod. Sometimes one will pop in every now and then.

MegaTank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2016
    Goshen
    I wish i could just race to 50. I figure if i just post a bunch of random stuff on here i would get dropped back to 0 posts or something so i figure i will just take my sweet time. It doesnt seem like the forum is going anywhere anytime soondontfeed

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I wish i could just race to 50. I figure if i just post a bunch of random stuff on here i would get dropped back to 0 posts or something so i figure i will just take my sweet time. It doesnt seem like the forum is going anywhere anytime soondontfeed

:yesway:

It doesn't really take much to get to 50. Just have to find a conversation going on, and participate.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

That's exactly what would happen. Take a look at fefe's profile linked above. Look at it again tomorrow and see what happened.

Besides, the rule is in place for several reasons. One of them is to let the other members get to know you a little before they deal with you. It's far better to actually participate and let that happen than to skirt the rules. It really doesn't take long to get there the right way. As was said, pick a topic and jump into a conversation. Don't bounce around posting at random.

MegaTank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2016
    Goshen
    The only problem I have with just jumping into a conversation is that I am a total newb to anything gun related. I do some research on the things that i am interested in but really dont want to sound ignorant on anything. I may be wet behind the ears but not in a hurry to throw myself to the wolves... not just yet anyway. I'm not here to just hit the classifieds though so i will get to 50 sometime. I would be lying if i was to say that I have not even looked at them. I did get a good chuckle out of this thread though. I assumed there were some people that would try to hit 50 really quickly. I wish I would have clicked on this thread sooner. Being so new it didnt register with me what this thread was about initially. I read the title and was like nothing there for me. Kept on browsing.

SwingW/theWing

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2015
    Bloomington
    I would tend to agree with you MegaTank...just jumping into a conversation 30 pages deep sucks. I was hesitant to start new topics in fear that somebody would just say "well did you look in section XXX...we already talked about that". Not the case here from what I've seen. I had no desire to hit 50 just to buy/sell something but I have been looking too.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    The only problem I have with just jumping into a conversation is that I am a total newb to anything gun related. I do some research on the things that i am interested in but really dont want to sound ignorant on anything. I may be wet behind the ears but not in a hurry to throw myself to the wolves... not just yet anyway. I'm not here to just hit the classifieds though so i will get to 50 sometime. I would be lying if i was to say that I have not even looked at them. I did get a good chuckle out of this thread though. I assumed there were some people that would try to hit 50 really quickly. I wish I would have clicked on this thread sooner. Being so new it didnt register with me what this thread was about initially. I read the title and was like nothing there for me. Kept on browsing.

I would tend to agree with you MegaTank...just jumping into a conversation 30 pages deep sucks. I was hesitant to start new topics in fear that somebody would just say "well did you look in section XXX...we already talked about that". Not the case here from what I've seen. I had no desire to hit 50 just to buy/sell something but I have been looking too.

You will find that this is a much nicer forum than most. I was a member of many different shooting forums years ago. Some were decent, but not active. Some were very active, but hostile. Some had a few famous gun writers and good information but felt cold otherwise. I remember having conversations with Ayoob about the Glock 36 and it's multitude of early problems & reading about different ammo and ballistics. It was good info but I got bored with it quickly. It didn't have any kind of special feel to it. I felt like I was reading Wikipedia instead of discussing things with actual people. The forums I frequent are very few now. INGO for all my gun related information, ARFCOM for the HAM radio section (haven't been out of the HAM section there in 5 years), and a couple other dedicated HAM forums.

It usually takes quite a bit for someone to get hostile here, and on the rare occasion it happens most members usually try to calm things down instead of throwing gas on the fire. Sometimes it does escalate and the mods need to get involved. Most of the time there are warnings to settle things down, unless someone really flies off the handle before they get to intervene.

Do not be shy about starting or joining a topic. There are lots of people on here that have a wide range of knowledge. It won't be hard to find someone to talk about almost anything here.

The more time you spend here the more spoiled you will become. After 6 months visit any other popular gun forum and ask a question. You will quickly see why so many of us are protective of our forum, why the rules are enforced so strictly and why threads like this one exist.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom