• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Been kind of quiet in here. Might have to do some hunting over a baited plot.

Im off to post a Glock for sale. Ad will read: New member special. Like new Glock for sale to new members only. Must have between 50-60 post count without site supporter status. Price is $300 for the like new G19.

Yea I know that's way more than its worth.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You never know, there are lots of members who joined because of the classifieds, but stayed for the members and information :thumbsup:

Reminds me of this thread:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/343232-share-your-first-posts-ingo.html

I think a couple people admitted to doing just that... coming for the guns... staying for the community.

Which is why maybe we should try not to jump on everyone. Give them a chance. At least at first.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Without Hillary this thread is useless. We need her to run for supreme overlord, then we'll get our runners back.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    What happened to all the runners?? They were entertaining.

Without Hillary this thread is useless. We need her to run for supreme overlord, then we'll get our runners back.

I (and a couple of others IIRC) have asked about a flipper/squatter/bad dealer thread in the past. We were told it wasn't a good idea. I get the reason, but I'd still like to see it.

Yes, people need to do their own research on who they are dealing with, but it could help. We've got everything from stolen valor, denied & revoked LTCH's, admitance to criminal activity, liars & manipulators...all walk among us.

A fact based thread that must be backed up with quotes, links or screenshots. Price gouging and other things that are minor or opinion based not permitted. Things like the guy who asked for 1911 advice, then based upon that advice it was determined his gun was defective and needed to go back to the factory, instead it showed up in the classifieds with NO disclaimer; those are the things I'd like to see.

:twocents:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I (and a couple of others IIRC) have asked about a flipper/squatter/bad dealer thread in the past. We were told it wasn't a good idea. I get the reason, but I'd still like to see it.
    We've got everything from stolen valor, denied & revoked LTCH's, admitance to criminal activity, liars & manipulators...all walk among us.
    Things like the guy who asked for 1911 advice, then based upon that advice it was determined his gun was defective and needed to go back to the factory, instead it showed up in the classifieds with NO disclaimer; those are the things I'd like to see.

:twocents:

I would love to jump all over anyone selling a gun they know is faulty.
    I have bought a few off here that did not run as advertised. All but 1 person made them good.

I have cut up a faulty 1911 in the past and taken the financial hit so as not to endanger anyone because I was a tight A$$ greedy bastige. When I was setting it up in the band saw a friend freaked and said sell it. I told him he needed to leave. Not seen him in a long while.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I have bought a few off here that did not run as advertised. All but 1 person made them good.

I have cut up a faulty 1911 in the past and taken the financial hit so as not to endanger anyone because I was a tight A$$ greedy bastige. When I was setting it up in the band saw a friend freaked and said sell it. I told him he needed to leave. Not seen him in a long while.

Should have told him you needed to destroy it before it fell into the "wrong hands", and that it's impossible to run a ballistics test on a sawed up barrel.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

I remember bad things happened to that guys ad. :yesway:
    I'm pretty sure he would have NOT made good on it if it were to have sold.

I'm sure that sucked having to chop that thing up. If there was no way to repair it to a safe condition & no recourse through the factory then it was the right thing to do. I've been sitting on a Davis .380 for about 15 years that is so much of a POS I wouldn't want it to hurt anyone. I kept it in case I ever found another one of those $100 gun buyback programs.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    He even dropped it in the wrong subforum.

...and no picture yet.

To be fair though, he did do to the classified rules right after he got it posted and saw something was wrong with it. Spent a few minutes there then went back to it to check it out. At least it looks like he's trying to get it figured out but not sure how.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom