Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    [FONT=&amp]The Anon Journal‏ @TheAnonJournal 1h1 hour ago

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]BREAKING PHOTO: Students at Denver Public Schools have collectively walked out to protest the rescinding of #DACA.
    [/FONT]

DI-UbvYUIAA8akg.jpg:large

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    [FONT=&amp]Kamala HarrisVerified account @KamalaHarris 19m19 minutes ago

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]My message to Dreamers: We see you. We stand with you. We will fight to ensure you can stay in the country you call home.
    [/FONT]

The "Dream Act" didn't go anywhere in congress in 2010. So just knock that nonsense off. Sorry. But they're not here legally. I'm okay with figuring something out, but to do that we'd need the law changed. Obama signed the EO for DACA I think in in 2011. It didn't implement all the provisions of the legislative act, but still even the media referred to DACA as the "dream act". I think rule of law should prevail.

That's just the problem with Obama's pen and phone. Whatever he did with a pen and phone can be undone with the pen and phone. And Trump undoing Obama's actions is no more the end of the world as Obama's actions were the beginning of it.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So if we don't have a "dream act" the country will end?

I am getting sick of Illegal Aliens feelings.

I guess it's wrong to think that if you are in the county illegal you are subject to deportation at any time?

Where have our Antifa/Communist members been for the past week or so?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    On this issue both sides of civilians need to understand that nobody is going to be able to get 100% of what they want. On one hand you have a group that says "deport every illegal no matter the cost." Ain't gonna happen. On the other hand you have a group that is demanding, "just live with love and let all illegals get a free pass." Ain't never gonna happen.

First and foremost in a society is the rule of law. Laws are instituted for a variety of reasons, one of which is to "...insure domestic tranquility..." We cannot have domestic tranquility when we have a large number of people within a geographic area (the USA) who are there in violation of that nations laws. This problem is highly compounded by the additional strain upon our current welfare state.

There is a tremendously easy fix to move toward the "boot them all out" hand. It wouldn't be 100% but it sure would take a huge step in that direction. Force the IRS to share information with the INS. When the IRS sees the same social security number being used nine (9) times you can bet that probably eight (8) of them are illegal in some way or another. Put fines on employers that knowingly hire illegals that ARE ENFORCED! Then, send a nice letter to each of the nine (9) potential employers asking them to take due diligence to verify the authenticity of their employees identity. Within a short time illegals would no longer find the means to work, and thus be forced to seek employment elsewhere on their own dime.

The problem is that many employers LOVE having illegal workers. They don't have to follow labor laws as illegals are ignorant of such protections and even if they aren't are less likely to complain and make waves.

So you start to target employers who may pay cash under the table without following any laws whatsoever. Hard work but can be done.

In the end though the progressives are correct about certain things. We DO need to simplify and streamline our immigration and naturalization process. It should take years for someone to become a citizen. It shouldn't take massive numbers of hoops and paperwork. Some, sure. But the idea of some people who are truly wanting to become an American citizen shouldn't have to wait almost a decade. Perhaps the couple of days on Ellis Island and an oath would be too short for today, but years is too long.

As far as DACA is concerned I do have mixed feelings about someone being brought here as a small child without any say in the matter and then being booted out years later when they have established roots in the community. Their illegal status is no fault of their own. I see it much like a local robbery I heard about years ago. Mom and dad would cut a small opening in a building and send in their five (5) year old child to grab what they told him to. The child had no real say or power in the matter, he was just doing what mommy and daddy wanted.

There must be some middle ground for these kids. Perhaps so many years of civil or military service. Perhaps an expedited naturalization process. Something that is more than nothing but less than full deportation. I don't know.

Regards,

Doug

Edit: Here is part of the employer side problem right now: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-09-05-11-57-39

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So an immigration policy should include questions.

Is this person going to be a burden on society?

Is this person physically fit generally free of disease and defects?

Is this person morally fit?

BTW The Mexicans are laughing at us take a look at their immigration laws !

Mexico deports over 200,000 illegals year and make the good sheriff in AZ look weak police must check ID,s and send them to jail.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Id totally vote for the Ebony and Ivory 2020 ticket, over the current disaster in the WH.

Well, "disaster" is very subjective and likely very hyperbolic. He's not ideal. Not even in a pinch, but at least a little better than SJW, constitution hating commies. Can't the dems field a sane candidate themselves? I mean. If the only choice is between two insane candidates, I'll take the insane one on the right.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

BTW The Mexicans are laughing at us take a look at their immigration laws !

Mexico deports over 200,000 illegals year and make the good sheriff in AZ look weak police must check ID,s and send them to jail.

Excellent point. While Mexico screams up a lung over any effort we make to [STRIKE]get illegal immigration under control[/STRIKE] stop them from palming off their criminals and unemployed on us, Mexico has the second harshest immigration and border control laws on the planet behind only North Korea.

Unfortunately, they are walking NORTH. Hey Dudes and Dudettes!!! Mexico is THE OTHER WAY

Just airlift them, that way when they try to march back they will end up in Guatemala.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

Pretty close to what is already in place.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Summer employers hired American amid Trump visa squeeze - POLITICO

The article asks the question:

"What happens when guest-worker visas run out?"

And, the article provides the answer... employers raise wages to hire people already here.
    "That's good news for Trump, for U.S. workers, and for supporters of Trump's “American First” agenda, but business groups complain that increased spending on wages will ultimately cost jobs and sap company profits. Across the country, enterprises ranging from oyster shuckers to landscapers say they were forced to give up contracts and forgo revenue because they just couldn’t find enough workers to do the jobs this summer.
    "There were a lot of businesses that lost a lot of revenue,” said Laurie Flanagan, co-chair of the H-2B Workforce Coalition, a lobbying group with a membership that includes the U.S. Chamber of Commerce."
    How is that possible? We were told a minimum wage increase was a good thing. So is paying people a fair wage for their work bad, but a minimum wage is good?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, "disaster" is very subjective and likely very hyperbolic. He's not ideal. Not even in a pinch, but at least a little better than SJW, constitution hating commies. Can't the dems field a sane candidate themselves? I mean. If the only choice is between two insane candidates, I'll take the insane one on the right.

I learned today, that the average dreamer arrived here at age six. In order to qualify for DACA, they had to have graduated from high school, and have no criminal record. They are also not a drain on our social welfare benefits, as they are not able to use them. Further, DACAs in the US military, are subject to deportion. Can you imagine the WTF look, a guy who has served overseas, putting his/her life on the line, will have if they're deported? DACAs, as a group, are more law-abiding, less burdensome, and more arguably more patriotic than your average US citizen. They should be the LAST people we're looking to deport.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Kut

If Alien is in the Military they can become naturalized after one year.
    If they serve during hostile times they can become citizens upon graduating basic training.
    If they are discharged with other than honorable within five years citizenship is revoked.
    They are not allowed to serve I believe more than four years and not allowed to re up if not a citizen.
    We have citizenship liaisons in order to fastrack the paperwork residency and presence in US are waived.
    The Army has along history of Immigrates serving as a fastrack to becoming red white and blue.

Beware the Veterans that claim to be illegal aliens most if not all have some type of crime involved in the story.
    I can speak from experience of having being proud to witness many fine Soldier Patriots become citizens.

(Kut needs to slow up on the kool aid)

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    "That's good news for Trump, for U.S. workers, and for supporters of Trump's “American First” agenda, but business groups complain that increased spending on wages will ultimately cost jobs and sap company profits. Across the country, enterprises ranging from oyster shuckers to landscapers say they were forced to give up contracts and forgo revenue because they just couldn’t find enough workers to do the jobs this summer.
    "There were a lot of businesses that lost a lot of revenue,” said Laurie Flanagan, co-chair of the H-2B Workforce Coalition, a lobbying group with a membership that includes the U.S. Chamber of Commerce."
    How is that possible? We were told a minimum wage increase was a good thing. So is paying people a fair wage for their work bad, but a minimum wage is good?

Yeah, some cognitive dissonance there, lol...

If you throw this article quote into the mix:

Some employers say they can't raise wages substantially without pricing their products out of the market. Raz Halili is an owner of Prestige Oysters, a seafood processing outfit with operations in Louisiana and South Texas. He says he lost $3.5 million in sales this year because he got only one-third of the 150 H-2B workers he needed to shuck oysters. Prestige Oysters posted the H-2B worker positions at $9.64 an hour, according to data provided to the Labor Department. That's $2.39 above the state minimum wage, but $2.63 below the national 2016 average hourly wage for “meat, poultry, and fish cutters and trimmers,” according to EPI.

It becomes apparent that H2-B workers, at least in this case, are hired at lower than the "prevailing" wage in order to undercut the competition and price them out of the market if they also don't use H2-B workers on the cheap. If it truly was a "labor shortage", the wage would be the prevailing wage (or higher to pull the workers away from others).

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom