• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, WalkingDead has copyright issues, RealRepublican® has truth in advertising issues and I think D'Nihilist is already taken by some rapper

NeverTrump is a dry, accurate descriptive term for a certain group/class of claimed Republicans. If I'm the one who has to coin the replacement term, it will have to be much more disrespectful; 'cause after all, how do you encompass the sanctimony of a Bret Stephens

or the sheer loose-bowel desperation of people who would turn to Evan Mcmullen to be the 'savior' of RealRepublicanism®

Maybe Church of the Latter Day Romney? Because I can see him anointing himself a modern day Cassius. Could we shorten that to Whoremons without getting sued?

I'll have to think about it

Doesn't "delusional" cover it?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    nevertrump.png.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    From what I'm reading, 3 R's in the senate not backing Trump's NEDec; they need 4

Any bets whether Gaius Romneyus will have the courage of his convictions and be the fourth? Could be an early indicator of whether he has ambitions to be the next Evan Mcmullen

Are INGOtarians happy the Dems are using the mechanisms built into the NEA? Would you have preferred they fix the authority leak built into the act. I would have preferred that route. The path they have chosen seems more about handing Trump a defeat ASAP than it is about any larger principles. One could infer they would be fine with such delegated authority if it was wielded by one of their own

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    From what I'm reading, 3 R's in the senate not backing Trump's NEDec; they need 4

Any bets whether Gaius Romneyus will have the courage of his convictions and be the fourth? Could be an early indicator of whether he has ambitions to be the next Evan Mcmullen

Are INGOtarians happy the Dems are using the mechanisms built into the NEA? Would you have preferred they fix the authority leak built into the act. I would have preferred that route. The path they have chosen seems more about handing Trump a defeat ASAP than it is about any larger principles. One could infer they would be fine with such delegated authority if it was wielded by one of their own
    I for one wish they had fixed it. I agree that this is all about giving Trump a loss, and they would definitely applaud a D President using it to further some cause they champion.

You might get one of the named Senators voting to stop the emergency, but I don't think their reasoning would be to defeat Trump.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I highly doubt she got here by crossing [the US-Mexico border] illegally.

Then why should she care about the wall? Is it possible the "unlawfully present" are fearful it is only the first, most visible step in the process of getting serious about illegal immigrants? You know, shut of the flow before you try to fix the leaky plumbing

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I for one wish they had fixed it. I agree that this is all about giving Trump a loss, and they would definitely applaud a D President using it to further some cause they champion.

You might get one of the named Senators voting to stop the emergency, but I don't think their reasoning would be to defeat Trump.

Not even Gaius Romneyus?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Looks like Rand Paul will provide the 51st vote in favor of "no emergency." That'll join Collins, Murkowski and Tillis. Paul reasoned that it is about the structural issue of POTUS taking money from other appropriations.

But, there aren't the votes to override a veto. Now.

Depending on how Trump handles the situation, it could happen.

At this point, though, if he vetoes, he'll get the money.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I wouldn't expect them to get more than 2 or 3 more votes to override, and I believe that is a vote they will have to make soon

ETA: I guess Rand thinks somebody has to pick up the mantle of John McCain

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    ...or the mantle of what conservatives used to at least say they believed in- reigning in the overzealous executive.

Didn't conservatives also used to say "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" before they devolved into a proper subset of the country club demographic

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom