• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Prior to the RNC, Democrat talking heads were suggesting that the GOP should postpone the convention due to the proximity of Isaac...

Now that the storm has blown through, and folks are flooded out and without electricity, where is the Prez exactly? Texas? Iowa?

Oh, he's going on Monday. I suppose the folks there won't mind waiting another day, can't get in the way of his campaigning, can we?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Prior to the RNC, Democrat talking heads were suggesting that the GOP should postpone the convention due to the proximity of Isaac...

Now that the storm has blown through, and folks are flooded out and without electricity, where is the Prez exactly? Texas? Iowa?

Oh, he's going on Monday. I suppose the folks there won't mind waiting another day, can't get in the way of his campaigning, can we?

When does that pinhead inject any sense of urgency into anything not involving his own personal gratification?

Dybber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    South side Indy
    I think Mitt beat him to Louisiana actually.

The dems beat up on Bush for not landing after Katrina. But the fact was he didn't wanna interrupt local and fed officials by landing. If he would have landed many of the resources would have been diverted for his arrival.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

The dems beat up on Bush for not landing after Katrina. But the fact was he didn't wanna interrupt local and fed officials by landing. If he would have landed many of the resources would have been diverted for his arrival.

And on that note, while we can contrast the Dems of 2005 with their position today, let's not forget that Obama is in the same situation today that GW Bush was in 2005 - except, of course, for the extent of the disaster then compared to now.

And please, let's not forget that the exact same system of assistance was deployed in the exact same way in 2012 as it was in 2005, except it took Obama longer to declare disaster emergencies in Louisiana and Mississippi and, of course, there aren't any complaints about the "lack of timely response" this time in the MSM.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Bush may not be on my top ten list, but he did understand the value of not making an obstacle of himself unlike his predecessor (think haircut on the tarmac) or his successor. On a similar note, I was favorably impressed with his habit of not traveling on holidays so the Secret Service personnel not on duty at the time could be with their families.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So Obama is going to fund raisers and partying with his Hollywood friends while people are suffering? I am shocked this isn't being talked about by the MSM!

Top Bottom