• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    Including the price of new brass, I am loading my own for about 35 cents/round or roughly half the price of factory ammo. Then reloading the same brass for about 15 to 20 cents a round.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    It's nice to see a community of 10mm fans out there. What can you get your cost per shot down to if you reload?

Pretty cheap since it uses the same bullets as .40 for plinking. Brass costs amortized over their life works out to be about a nickel a shot unless I am loading nuclear, and less when I buy factory ammo.

I haven't cast bullets for it yet, but I can if I want.

bigmedicine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood
    Don't pass up a chance on a Dan Wesson 10mm. I have a CBOB and it is a great companion. I carry it whenever I am in the woods and it has a safe, secure spot in my truck. If you get one, you will be amazed at how flat they shoot at distance (compared to a .45ACP). Good luck in your quest!

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I just picked up my Gen3 Glock 20 from Bradis today. While I have no doubt one of the 1911-style pistols are better shooters, but since I am just getting into the caliber I find the Glock brings a great deal of value. I may eventually step up to a Delta or wesson...but that's a big chunk for me to drop on an unknown...

-Paul

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I've been eyeing the Dan Wesson Razorback 10mm, but they seem impossible to find. It seems like most 10mm pistols based on the 1911 weapon system are out O' stock everywhere.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Count me in too, picked up a new G20SF for $555.00

Found a shop down south in Holland, IN by the name of Dave's Gun Shop.
    They are an awesome shop, with really good prices, huge inventory and maybe the nicest people I have EVER found in any gun shop, ANYWHERE!

Nothing at all against any of the more well known shops locally, but these people ROCK!

Had fellow INGO member NHT3 install a 3.5lbs Rocket Trigger kit, and then today, I received my KKM Precession 40 S&W conversion barrel.
    I just got back from running 50 rounds of Georgia Arms 165gr TMJ ($14.00 a box of 50) and I am as happy as I can be! SUPER ACCURATE!

I already liked the G20, now with it being a dual caliber pistol, and it shoots fantastic with either caliber.
    The AWESOME power of the 10mm round, and the affordability/availability of 40 S&W, really a sweet package.

It takes 30 seconds to change barrels, you use the factory 10mm magazines for both calibers and they both function flawlessly and are as accurate (or more) than the shooter.

I can't believe it took me this long to figure out just how sweet a Glock 10mm really is! :facepalm:

Next, gotta learn reloading.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    Ive been wanting a delta for awhile myself, but never find one when I have the funds. I did recently buy a colt double eagle in 10mm, I know the double eagle isnt colts finest work but the price was right. Now I just need to find time to go shooting.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Count me in too, picked up a new G20SF for $555.00

Found a shop down south in Holland, IN by the name of Dave's Gun Shop.
    They are an awesome shop, with really good prices, huge inventory and maybe the nicest people I have EVER found in any gun shop, ANYWHERE!

Nothing at all against any of the more well known shops locally, but these people ROCK!

Had fellow INGO member NHT3 install a 3.5lbs Rocket Trigger kit, and then today, I received my KKM Precession 40 S&W conversion barrel.
    I just got back from running 50 rounds of Georgia Arms 165gr TMJ ($14.00 a box of 50) and I am as happy as I can be! SUPER ACCURATE!

I already liked the G20, now with it being a dual caliber pistol, and it shoots fantastic with either caliber.
    The AWESOME power of the 10mm round, and the affordability/availability of 40 S&W, really a sweet package.

It takes 30 seconds to change barrels, you use the factory 10mm magazines for both calibers and they both function flawlessly and are as accurate (or more) than the shooter.

I can't believe it took me this long to figure out just how sweet a Glock 10mm really is! :facepalm:

Next, gotta learn reloading.

I plan on picking up a Glock 20 Gen 4 in the future. Can you use the same recoil spring to shoot .40 with the conversion barrel, or do you need a lighter spring? I like the idea of being able to shoot .40 in the gun with just a barrel swap. Kinda like shooting .38s in a .357. Lots of versatility there.

Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West
    Just my 2 cents…My G20 will never see a 40 conversion barrel. I don't always load nuclear stuff, but shooting that disgrace to the 10mm just seems wrong. If anything get a 9x25 conversion and load cheap 9mm bullets.

Listen to flightsimmer check out Underwood Ammo.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I plan on picking up a Glock 20 Gen 4 in the future. Can you use the same recoil spring to shoot .40 with the conversion barrel, or do you need a lighter spring? I like the idea of being able to shoot .40 in the gun with just a barrel swap. Kinda like shooting .38s in a .357. Lots of versatility there.

Yes, just swap out the barrel and you are good to go!

I really am VERY happy with this package.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    For your delight, the latest addition to my 10mm family. The G20 Longslide with compensator (and eventually a suppressor), the original slide with the LWD .40 barrel, and the original stock G20 barrel. I have a 20 and 22lb spring set on order and on the way. This box allows me to grab and go and have a wide shooting choice.

8f655d694cbee4891ac55daf6a5ee3c4.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom