• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    As long as you remember that kegs are concealment, not cover. __________________

Unless they are full! But with me around they usually are not!

No problem agreeing not to agree. If we were all the same life would be very boring and we would have nothing to talk about. :)

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    QUOTE: "No problem agreeing not to agree. If we were all the same life would be very boring and we would have nothing to talk about. :)"

You are all wrong and I am always right. Just ask my wife.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Britton, My point is that it is COMPLETELY unnecessary to put yourself in that position. It is lazy and cheap. Don't want to spend the time or money to invest in remote cameras? Again, I see NO reason to put a human in danger like that for what? How about the camera man takes some posed shots while they are not actively shooting? What benefit could there possibly be to do what was done is all I am saying.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Kind of strikes me as like practicing bleeding. You know... just to get used to the stress of perhaps being wounded.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    If you take one of these classes, you'll have a good chance to practice that!

In over 10 years and literally thousands of students, there has never been a student injured in a Tactical Response class beyond a scrape, bruise, sprain or heat related issue.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    In over 10 years and literally thousands of students, there has never been a student injured in a Tactical Response class beyond a scrape, bruise, sprain or heat related issue.

That is like grinding without safety glasses, just because you have done it for years and not been hurt does not mean you will never get hurt.

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    I know well enough from my own experience... it only takes one incident.

There was a club in Indiana that had a clean 18 year track record, just the same as you describe (a bandaid here and there) but it only took one serious injury and that club is no more.

JNG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Kind of strikes me as like practicing bleeding. You know... just to get used to the stress of perhaps being wounded.

Doesn't Mas Ayoob do that in LFI IV? :popcorn:

Seriously, though, that training goal can be met at a much more acceptable risk/reward level using mannequins. The people justifying this are ice-skating uphill.

Last edited:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I do not even like it when the gallery stands close to the fairway at PGA events. I think Tiger has hit people, right? Are YOU better than Tiger Woods? Hmm?

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I know well enough from my own experience... it only takes one incident.

There was a club in Indiana that had a clean 18 year track record, just the same as you describe (a bandaid here and there) but it only took one serious injury and that club is no more.

Was the incident an intentional violation of the 180 degree range rule? Probably not. It was most likely one of those "safe" ranges.

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    Britton, My point is that it is COMPLETELY unnecessary to put yourself in that position. It is lazy and cheap. Don't want to spend the time or money to invest in remote cameras? Again, I see NO reason to put a human in danger like that for what? How about the camera man takes some posed shots while they are not actively shooting? What benefit could there possibly be to do what was done is all I am saying.

I think some are missing the point of the exercise. It was NOT so they could get some cool pictures. If it was, you are correct that there is better, safer ways to get that same picture. The point was to TRAIN the individuals on the firing line. The fact that he is taking pictures is immaterial.

What benefit could there be? It appears (I wasn't there) it was to get the student used to shooting while there was a non combatant in their view. Mentally, this becomes a very different exercise than if the "camera man" were replaced by a cardboard target. Someone even said they were "literally sick to their stomach" just watching the video. How will they react in a real situation when innocents are in the field of view and they MUST fire their weapon to stop a threat? Better to get over that mental block in training than when it really counts.

Is it more dangerous than a strict 180 degree rule? Probably. But it is a calculated increase in risk to obtain a higher degree of training than would otherwise be possible. I strongly disagree that it is an unreasonable risk for the benefit gained. Others may disagree and may not be able to see why this is necessary at this level of training. At that, I agree to disagree. Nothing to get upset over :) It may not be for you, but understand that others are not being irresponsible for doing this under controlled circumstances for the right reasons.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Again, which of the 4 firearm safety rules were violated?

Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.

From watching the video a few times I do believe the cameraman was sweep with a muzzle of a firearm.

Top Bottom