The Party's Over for Walmart ZQI Ammo...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    ZQI, at my local Walmart, was always way more expensive than comparable brands (particularly the Federal XM855), so I never bought any.

Now they are making their prices even higher. Uhm, good luck with that, I guess.

Yea when I first saw it a WM the price kinda thru me for a loop as it wasn't in line with the other brands they had there. Never gave it a second look after that.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Yeah I think recent panic got them thinking they could get more for their ammo. Fifty cents a round isnt cheap for 62grn 5.56. I could get a case of federal right now from PSA for $450 shipped. Hmmm, Turkish or federal? Tough choice lol. I bought some federal 62grn for 38 cpr delivered in February.

I got mine for 36 cents per

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I just came back from the range, ran 40 rounds of ZQ1 7.62 NATO in my AR-308, no issues. I was hitting a 12 inch steel plate, dead center, at 200 yds with no problems. Cleaning my AR and it didn't seem dirtier than with other ammo. Personally I think this great target ammo. I picked up the last 4 boxes at that Brazil Wal-Mart.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have seen some mixed results on here but in my experience, their 308 and especially their 9mm sucks terrible. But I just saw this video Tim over on MAC posted and thought I'd post it up on here for you guys!

[video=youtube;B7IvH_5bZYc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7IvH_5bZYc[/video]

1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    They were basically replaced with another manufacturer that makes brass cased boxer primed stuff overseas. Maybe also in Turkey? The stuff comes in a brown and green cardboard box

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    They were basically replaced with another manufacturer that makes brass cased boxer primed stuff overseas. Maybe also in Turkey? The stuff comes in a brown and green cardboard box

Perfecta Ammunition ,I think is what you're describing. Distributed by Tulammo, the 9mm I bought says made in Italy. $10.97 per 50

images

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C

Perfecta Ammunition ,I think is what you're describing. Distributed by Tulammo, the 9mm I bought says made in Italy. $10.97 per 50

images

IIRC they carried the Perfecta first, then went to ZQI and now back to the Perfecta.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Used a bunch of the 9mm. The higher priced was in a white box and NATO rounds. 124gr. I never did buy that. There was a tan/red box that was "NATO Spec" and 123gr. Still sealed green primers, etc. I think it was about half the price. I remember it being cheaper than federal.
    Now i know why I donlt see it anymore. It shot well in 9mm

Tangero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Lake County
    Bought some 7.62 from them a few months back, no complaints. I think it was about $10 a box when I got it, and iirc they had 30-rd boxes of 5.56 for $10 apiece too. That was, at least, back then

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom