mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    DD - I am so sorry to hear this. If the dad signed off parental rights, he has no legal obligation. My ex tried to sign off of his parental rights and my lawyer advised me to fight it because he could walk back into the kids' lives at 18 with no legal obligation to pay any of the support from the years past that he had nothing to do with them.

I'm not sure how old you are, but as much as I wouldn't want to raise babies again, I would if something happened to my daughter and son in law.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    DD - I am so sorry to hear this. If the dad signed off parental rights, he has no legal obligation. My ex tried to sign off of his parental rights and my lawyer advised me to fight it because he could walk back into the kids' lives at 18 with no legal obligation to pay any of the support from the years past that he had nothing to do with them.

I'm not sure how old you are, but as much as I wouldn't want to raise babies again, I would if something happened to my daughter and son in law.
    Thanks mom. I really don't think he has any legal obligation either, and I think that's exactly why he signed off.

I'll be 62 in December, and DoggyMama just turned 61 in June. But she has a lot of health issues and really isn't fit enough to be chasing 4 year olds. I'm not really either, but I guess we'll have to figure it out.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just put the boys to bed and Brydon said, "I wanna go home" (like he always does). DoggyMama had to tell him that this was his home now. He doesn't understand what's happened I don't think.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Thanks mom. I really don't think he has any legal obligation either, and I think that's exactly why he signed off.

I'll be 62 in December, and DoggyMama just turned 61 in June. But she has a lot of health issues and really isn't fit enough to be chasing 4 year olds. I'm not really either, but I guess we'll have to figure it out.
    Hubby is 70 and I'm 29 going on 57, and I know it wouldn't be easy but I would do what I could to raise them. You are in a tough situation for sure and Mama is going to have a lot of sadness to deal with as well. You are both in my prayers for sure.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Much appreciated mom. If it was even 5 years ago I'd be more confident. 10 or more years ago, I'd have been even braver, but so much has transpired with DM's health (broken bones, cancer, losing her older daughter - and that was all within 3 years) it's going to be tough going. But hopefully our support system will do what they've said they will be willing to do when DM first started talking about bringing the twins home. Nobody's showed up yet though.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    But it's bedtime. Back to work tomorrow. G'night and thank you to you all!
    Night DD. Don't hesitate to reach out to those who have offered to help. They may not want to interfere or feel they are overstepping their bounds by just doing things. Let them know when you NEED the help and ask them to do things. I think many times we feel unsure of what needs to be done to help so we just don't visit or call...and we wait to be called but often never receive the request. I have offered help on so many occasions and have rarely had someone actually reach out to me to take me up on my offer. I would gladly help if I knew what was needed and was close enough to do something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom