Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Morning guys.

My anxiety is growing over this trip....I am not a good passenger so this should be interesting. I told hubby his anxiety about flying is probably about the same as mine is at the thought of driving thru snowy mountain passes.

I'll be glad when we are back home and it is done.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Morning. Prayer said for all to go well.
    I can’t say I blame you. I worry more about that kind of thing than I used to.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    He's already a mess trying to figure out what he is even going to say to his brother. He wants to see him but we have no idea if he is even going to know we are there. He was stressing last night about his older brother wanting to go all over and take us places. I told him we are not doing that. I will say something if needed...we are there to say our goodbyes and our visit will be short. 48 hours at most. If his brothers are available, we will go to dinner with them so we can see them before we come back. We plan to be back on the road heading home by Wednesday if we arrive on Monday or Tuesday.

I told him we are taking our time and I will take the laptop so we can use the wifi at the hotels to check the forecast and route for the next day. If I am late getting back to work, so be it. My boss will understand.

I am looking forward to seeing the beautiful country but the snow in the passes worries me. I know the truck is in good shape. I know we are both good drivers, but we have not driving in those conditions ever.

I may need some Xanax but that may not make me a very good codriver.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Having driven in bad weather in the mountains. There are times that you simply can’t go slow enough. So if you have to stop for awhile, stop. Don’t risk your lives.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We hope to avoid even being in it. We will be watching the weather closely and stop before we get into it and wait for the all clear before we drive through...even if it adds a day or two to our trip. We will have blankets and sleeping bags and food in the truck so at least if we do get stuck, we shouldn't freeze or starve.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Good morning Sam, yote, EC, mom and Expat!

Mom, keeping you and hubby in my prayers. Hope it's a safe and uneventful trip. Keep in mind that in a lot of the snowier areas, they're used to dealing with that and probably do a better job of keeping the roads passable than they do here in Indiana.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Another brisk morning out on the deck today. I can't believe this propane tank still hasn't run out yet. It's pretty light, so it's gotta be getting close. I've got to pick up a couple of prescriptions at Walmart after work, so I'll probably go to Ace while I'm out and fill it up.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I may be taking a few days off maybe next week. I thought our EOY testing with the payroll office started this week, but it's not starting until November 15th. I'll use the time to start getting the yard winterized.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Good morning Sam, yote, EC, mom and Expat!

Mom, keeping you and hubby in my prayers. Hope it's a safe and uneventful trip. Keep in mind that in a lot of the snowier areas, they're used to dealing with that and probably do a better job of keeping the roads passable than they do here in Indiana.
    That is what I have been seeing online so we figure if we stop when they are predicting storms, we should be able to wait a few hours after it is done and make it thru the passes. We plan to drive in daylight as much as possible and stop by 7 or so each evening.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't think I'll get my lunchtime nap today. Susan has an appointment with her oncologist at 10:15 or so, and I have meetings scheduled from 12:30 to 3:00. :faint:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I guess I better get moving. I am the early one at the front desk today. I have plenty to do before I take time off.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom