Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Chili is in the crockpot. I tried not to go too crazy with the heat since I'm hoping the boys will eat some.

Still working on burning the bigger logs. I was too lazy to get out the chainsaw, so I'm burning them in half then feeding them in to the fire.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Good evening yall.
    My singular accomplishment for the day was a baked spirals pasta dish made with lotsa veggies. To keep the bottom from sticking (just in case) used crumbled up Ritz crackers before putting in everything else. Used raw orzo in the veggie mix to soak up the juice during cooking. 45 minutes at 320 worked out OK.
    Other than that, still banging away at getting the hobby room squared away.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Chili turned out good, last of the garden jalapenos went in it.

View attachment 163645

Pie took a hit after dinner. The Cinderella pumpkins make a good pie for sure.

View attachment 163647
    Looks really good Jay! Our house smells like chili now. I think I did okay with the spice. It doesn't seem hot to me, but I hope the boys will agree. If they're going to be living here though, they're gonna need to toughen up their palates. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    One of these days I need to try to smoke a batch of chili. As it is, I add liquid smoke to get the flavor. I usually cook my chili for at least 15 hours or so in the crockpot. How long does it need to cook on the grill?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Chili is in the crockpot. I tried not to go too crazy with the heat since I'm hoping the boys will eat some.

Still working on burning the bigger logs. I was too lazy to get out the chainsaw, so I'm burning them in half then feeding them in to the fire.
    At your suggestion CKW made a small pot of chili. I can’t do any heat at all. Bland is the order of the day and the kids like some heat so she makes me a small pot. It was delicious and I am sure better tomorrow.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    At your suggestion CKW made a small pot of chili. I can’t do any heat at all. Bland is the order of the day and the kids like some heat so she makes me a small pot. It was delicious and I am sure better tomorrow.
    Howdy CM! I'm having to adjust my cooking to the boys, that's for sure. Susan and I both like spicy, but the boys, not so much... yet! :):

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    One of these days I need to try to smoke a batch of chili. As it is, I add liquid smoke to get the flavor. I usually cook my chili for at least 15 hours or so in the crockpot. How long does it need to cook on the grill?
    I did it about 6 hrs today. Meat and peppers/onions on a wire rack till the the meat is done, then combine and let it go. I do stir it up occasionally so the stuff on the top gets some smoke.

The girls like the veggies cooked a lot more than me, I would add them sooner if it was up to me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom