mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I guess I'm late to the party. Finally home and showered...relaxing for a bit before I go to bed and start over again.

Cute baby, Target!!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hi CM

We had to go to Menard's again...more drywall mud and a 5 gallon bucket of drywall primer so we can start painting...maybe this weekend in the bathrooms.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Daughter had a job interview at Aldi yesterday. It would be nice to see her get out of the pig farm...it's a stinky job. Aldi would be much closer to home and better hours. It might mean Grandma has to spend more time with Cole if she has to work any evenings, but I think I could handle that. :) I guess they have a few more interviews and will let her know by Friday. It is also a pay raise if she gets it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    i always heard Aldi's was not easy to get into and they expect a lot out of you but they pay well
    and it's a solid job
    It is hard to get an interview and she felt it went well. One of the girls she worked with at Penney's a few years ago works at this one and put in a good word for her to get the interview. That girl has been working there for five years. Starting pay is $14 and it would be full time. She makes $12 now and drives an hour to work. This is 20 minutes from home. She works at a CAFO now in a farrowing house so delivering piglets, moving dead sows, power washing hog barns, etc. She worked retail at various places before and loved it but could never get enough hours. Aldi defines full time as 38 hours or more per week, and they have good benefits from what I've seen in our office. I'm sure hoping she gets it.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    I wish her luck! as low person on the totem pole she will probably get the worst hours to start out
    but it sounds like she has a good daycare option

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I wish her luck! as low person on the totem pole she will probably get the worst hours to start out
    but it sounds like she has a good daycare option
    They are open 8 to 8. That is 7 to 7 our time since they are in the other time zone. She has two grandmas to help with Cole. The other one already has him three days a week. He goes to a sitter on 1 day and here the other one based on the grandma work schedules. If she works evenings or weekends and hubby has to work late, I can get him from any of those other locations and she can pick him up from our house when she is done...and when they move that will be even easier. Hubby is now talking about move in date around Valentine's day. I'm still thinking more like March but we'll see.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom