mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I made a pot of chili and a skillet of corn bread...chopped up green onions and shredded cheddar for the chili. Taking it over to our neighbors' to spend a few hours with them. We'll probably be back home by 9:30 or so. Wild partiers tonight...only going a mile or two from home so no worries on traffic.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Evenin' all. Just picked up my new AR from Rural King after a 2 hour round trip and slid on home before the drunks slip on out. :)

Gun counter was generally a zoo (for RK), but entertaining. The Kendallville store said they sold 900-ish guns last year, and mine tonight (the last of the year) was #3331 and something like #50 of the day. Several guys walked up and asked about common ammo while I was waiting... several guys were told "no". All they had on the shelf was 12ga target loads.

I've never bought a firearm from a box store before, but I was pretty surprised by the general "newb"ness of the clientele. 2 guys there that were probably under 25, and myself, are the only ones that took me as not first time buyers and I think one of the 25 year olds was just fronting as it was looking like his NICS was going to be denied. So, me and and 1 other dude out of a dozen were probably the only "experienced" gun buyers. I've heard it on the news and from others here, but it was just weird to see it in person. I don't get out much. ;)

Happy new year!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom