Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Ooh, I just found this.

"There's a loophole in the law that prevents you from having to pay taxes on the stimulus check money you get from Uncle Sam. As it turns out, your stimulus check isn't "income" after all, according to the law. Instead, it's simply an advance payment of a tax credit. And tax credits aren't taxable income.1 day ago"

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    okay here (other than my feet), you?
    Sorry about your feet. It's a good day for me. Been fighting for disability for two years and finally won yesterday. Now I can stop burning through my retirement savings, and my 87-year-old Mom won't have to help me with the bills and groceries.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ooh, I just found this.

"There's a loophole in the law that prevents you from having to pay taxes on the stimulus check money you get from Uncle Sam. As it turns out, your stimulus check isn't "income" after all, according to the law. Instead, it's simply an advance payment of a tax credit. And tax credits aren't taxable income.1 day ago"
    I'll be interested to see how things shake out when I get around to filing. I knew that the stimulus check was considered a credit (or an advance on your refund if you get one). I didn't get the full 1200, so I have no idea what it's going to look like.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sorry about your feet. It's a good day for me. Been fighting for disability for two years and finally won yesterday. Now I can stop burning through my retirement savings, and my 87-year-old Mom won't have to help me with the bills and groceries.
    Congrats on getting your disability straightened out!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'll be interested to see how things shake out when I get around to filing. I knew that the stimulus check was considered a credit (or an advance on your refund if you get one). I didn't get the full 1200, so I have no idea what it's going to look like.
    Yeah, and I wonder if I will have to pay it back since I had no other income.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Morning Target. I think we have ice here leftover from yesterday. I ran the shovel up and down the driveway through the slush once yesterday while it was warmer to make a path for delivery people.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom