The OSUT #211 and brother its hot outside.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hi Mom
    Did you two have a good day?

We did. He was here until about 12:30 and then hubby and I went to St. John, IN and ordered trusses, windows and all of the dimensional lumber to frame up the house. He is hoping to have shingles on by Halloween so he can start on finishing the inside.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The kids are getting pretty excited now. I convinced my daughter to watch on FB for someone remodeling and selling all of their kitchen cabinets. There are some really sweet deals on there. If we can find a deal on a whole kitchen, any cabinets that can't be used in their kitchen, could be used in the laundry area of a pantry area in the basement.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The kids are getting pretty excited now. I convinced my daughter to watch on FB for someone remodeling and selling all of their kitchen cabinets. There are some really sweet deals on there. If we can find a deal on a whole kitchen, any cabinets that can't be used in their kitchen, could be used in the laundry area of a pantry area in the basement.

Good thinking.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If we stay on budget, they can have us paid back and own their house free and clear in 10 years. Eliminating labor costs really knocks down the cost of the home.

Kitchens and bathrooms are the most costly part of these projects.
    If I was closer I would do the HVAC for you. But man you folks are in Canada.....:):

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Kitchens and bathrooms are the most costly part of these projects.
    If I was closer I would do the HVAC for you. But man you folks are in Canada.....:):

We have a neighbor that hubby helps frequently. He is a union sheet metal worker...does mostly duct work on big jobs. He is going to do the HVAC and quoted us the same as we paid to do our house when we built in 1995. He will do a good job and lives four doors away from the project.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Oh...and the bathrooms won't be bad. The floor plan has ALL of the plumbing in the center of the house with the laundry in the basement right below the bathrooms. The kitchen plumbing will be on the other side of the wall from the bathroom sinks/showers. We are getting a tub/shower combo for the "kids" bathroom and a shower unit for the master bath and another for the basement. All three units will be around $1500 total. Fiberglass/one piece with no seams. The one for the basement will go in before the subfloor so it is never coming out. LOL

The upstairs ones will go in and the bathrooms will be built around them. They have picked out some inexpensive vanities that can be upgraded later if they want to.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh...and the bathrooms won't be bad. The floor plan has ALL of the plumbing in the center of the house with the laundry in the basement right below the bathrooms. The kitchen plumbing will be on the other side of the wall from the bathroom sinks/showers. We are getting a tub/shower combo for the "kids" bathroom and a shower unit for the master bath and another for the basement. All three units will be around $1500 total. Fiberglass/one piece with no seams. The one for the basement will go in before the subfloor so it is never coming out. LOL

The upstairs ones will go in and the bathrooms will be built around them. They have picked out some inexpensive vanities that can be upgraded later if they want to.

I figured you had people. We all have to have people.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We do have people...some are very good people to know. :)

I do believe they will be our neighbors much sooner than originally planned, but we'll see. I told hubby I don't want him killing himself to get this done. He isn't 25 anymore...he just tries to work like he is.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We do have people...some are very good people to know. :)

I do believe they will be our neighbors much sooner than originally planned, but we'll see. I told hubby I don't want him killing himself to get this done. He isn't 25 anymore...he just tries to work like he is.

Yeah I totally understand the work ethic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom