The OSUT #211 and brother its hot outside.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I look and act like I was in a bar fight. Big bandage on each of my forearms, one on my neck and I am walking with a bad limp moving slow. :):

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    What did you do to end up in this state?
    Picnhed sciatic nerve, cyst removed on my left arm, funky looking mole removed on my neck (both stitched) and Psycho decide to go mountain climbing on me last night. Got a claw hooked in me and like the dumbass I am I swung my arm away from him.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Picnhed sciatic nerve, cyst removed on my left arm, funky looking mole removed on my neck (both stitched) and Psycho decide to go mountain climbing on me last night. Got a claw hooked in me and like the dumbass I am I swung my arm away from him.

Howdy db! Damn... I'm glad Chunkadoodle just "pets" me (she doesn't use her claws). I've got a cyst on the side of my neck that I need to get looked at too. Get them every once in awhile and the doc just removes them in the office.

Hey, I've been meaning to ask you about something my boat started doing this last time I took it out. It started making a "screaming" sound coming from the throttle control. It's never happened before, and it eventually stopped, then started again, then stopped. Nothing seemed to be wrong with the way the boat was running, but it was really annoying! Got any ideas what it would be? It sounded like some kind of alarm, so I figured something might be triggering it.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Howdy db! Damn... I'm glad Chunkadoodle just "pets" me (she doesn't use her claws). I've got a cyst on the side of my neck that I need to get looked at too. Get them every once in awhile and the doc just removes them in the office.

Hey, I've been meaning to ask you about something my boat started doing this last time I took it out. It started making a "screaming" sound coming from the throttle control. It's never happened before, and it eventually stopped, then started again, then stopped. Nothing seemed to be wrong with the way the boat was running, but it was really annoying! Got any ideas what it would be? It sounded like some kind of alarm, so I figured something might be triggering it.
    My doc removes them and sends 'em off for analysis.

What motor, year of boat do you have? I'm assuming it's an outboard. They do have alarms for over heating and low oil, even if it is a 2 stroke. We've had them randomly go off on 2 stroke Johnson's but never could find anything wrong.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My doc removes them and sends 'em off for analysis.

What motor, year of boat do you have? I'm assuming it's an outboard. They do have alarms for over heating and low oil, even if it is a 2 stroke. We've had them randomly go off on 2 stroke Johnson's but never could find anything wrong.

It's a 40 hp Force motor - 1996, 2 stroke. It was just annoying but never seemed to have any problem. Just surprised (and "alarmed" me) since it's never happened in 24 years since I've owned it!

ETA: The boat is a Premier pontoon.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    It's a 40 hp Force motor - 1996, 2 stroke. It was just annoying but never seemed to have any problem. Just surprised (and "alarmed" me) since it's never happened in 24 years since I've owned it!

ETA: The boat is a Premier pontoon.
    The alarm should be mounted under the console. About the size of a half dollar, maybe a little bigger. Is it oiled via a VRO pump or is it mixed with in the gas?

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I had to have a talk with my landlords nephews and his brothers girlfriend. They come over to use the pool and have been told to park in the back. Yesterday they parked where I do and tonight they parked behind my car and the landlords car. I told them next time they do that I will park them in and they can walk home.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The alarm should be mounted under the console. About the size of a half dollar, maybe a little bigger. Is it oiled via a VRO pump or is it mixed with in the gas?

It's mixed with the gas. It didn't sound like it was coming from the console. It sounded like it was coming from the throttle assembly on the starboard side of the boat right next to the console.

Sorry for the delay! Was talking to DoggyMama and getting bedtime snack. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had to have a talk with my landlords nephews and his brothers girlfriend. They come over to use the pool and have been told to park in the back. Yesterday they parked where I do and tonight they parked behind my car and the landlords car. I told them next time they do that I will park them in and they can walk home.

That sounds messed up for sure!

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    It's mixed with the gas. It didn't sound like it was coming from the console. It sounded like it was coming from the throttle assembly on the starboard side of the boat right next to the console.

Sorry for the delay! Was talking to DoggyMama and getting bedtime snack. :):
    It could be in the assembly. Who knows where boat manufactures put stuff. There isn't much of standard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom