• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Glockantuan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    :welcome:
    To the best of my knowledge there are ZERO posts on here regarding OC'ing and interactions with LEO. When they create a FAQ section, I am sure this will be part of it.

That surprises me a bit; could this open the door for people to come forth with these types of experiences? (I am assuming that it has happened to people at some point right?) Please share if so!

I know that I wouldn't be in trouble for carrying OC with my licence (I have my CCW), but I'm not keen on probably having a gun drawn on me while having to explain myself.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    That surprises me a bit; could this open the door for people to come forth with these types of experiences? (I am assuming that it has happened to people at some point right?) Please share if so!

I know that I wouldn't be in trouble for carrying OC with my licence (I have my CCW), but I'm not keen on probably having a gun drawn on me while having to explain myself.

I was just kidding. Go back to the main carry page and look a few inches south. This is chock full o' threads about Encounters of the OC kind.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    To the best of my knowledge there are ZERO posts on here regarding OC'ing and interactions with LEO. When they create a FAQ section, I am sure this will be part of it.

Enjoy - you can get some good info here. And, keep your hands away from ATM's mouth - he bites.

Where do you live with a CCW license? Here in Indiana, it's just a LTCH

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg

Enjoy - you can get some good info here. And, keep your hands away from ATM's mouth - he bites.
    There have been a couple:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lle_sued_for_violating_gun_owners_rights.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...self_defense/169733-1_sbpd_officer_maxey.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._self_defense/157293-a_big_1_for_the_epd.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...fense/141370-had_the_police_called_on_me.html

:hijack:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    these are a few resaons I CC I don't want to see a LEO let alone talk to one unless I have a reason to. I pay them to protect my life not to interupt my life. When it's excepted as normal then OC.
    I OC probably 90% of the time and have yet to have an Officer interrupt my life, unless I was doing something wrong to start with...

By the way you do not Pay Officers to Protect you, you pay them to enforce the Law...

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    these are a few resaons I CC I don't want to talk to a LEO unless I have a reason to. I pay them to protect my life not to interupt my life. When it's excepted as normal then OC.

I assume you mean "accepted" as in it becomes normal, everyday, common...

How do you expect that to happen without people actually OCing in public??? Just let everyone else do the legwork and reap the rewards?

Did you vote for Obama as well?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    When younger, I used to Pay Officers when they pull me over by handing them a 50.00 with my drivers license. I'm older now and have learned that Doughnuts do the same thing. And they're cheaper.:D

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    these are a few reasons I CC. I pay LEO's to protect me not to interupt me. When it's accepted as normal then I might OC.
    I OC a lot in WI and was harassed by 3 state patrol officers and then 3 county deputies later that day. They learned quickly to not do that.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZVz0V-bek0[/ame]

State Police interaction

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-QatoedXtc[/ame]

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Protias, that is a strange interaction! The cops were outside and went in before the owner even said anything or did the owner call on you?

If the owner called and wanted you removed it actually went pretty well because they were curtious and asked the owner twice if they did not allow them.

If they just came in to bother you that is RIDICULOUS!!!

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Protias: I think the trooper did excellent. He was polite and respectful. When he asked if you knew they were not allowed, I cannot understand your response - did you state that you knew? Anyway, I say kudos to the troopers - they were doing what the property owner wanted. Where is the harrasment by the troopers - you were not obeying a lawful order. You should have imediately on notification got up and left to your car. The troopers obviously did not think of you as a threat - they turned their backs on you too many times.

Why did the deputies go to your house? That sounds weird.

Last edited:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Protias: I think the trooper did excellent. He was polite and respectful. When he asked if you knew they were not allowed, I cannot understand your response - did you state that you knew? Anyway, I say kudos to the troopers - they were doing what the property owner wanted. Where is the harrasment by the troopers - you were not obeying a lawful order. You should have imediately on notification got up and left to your car. The troopers obviously did not think of you as a threat - they turned their backs on you too many times.

I wasn't there but it sounds like the deputies followed him into the restaurant. The restaurant owner did not call the cops. This is coming from the fact that the cops ask the owner twice if he allowed firearms at the restaurant. Is the restaurant owner had called the cops they would have already known that he didn't allow firearms at his business. The second video indicates that the restaurant owner change his mind later. That is a further indicator that he was not the 1 who called the cops. The harassment comes in the fact that the cops followed him into the restaurant without being called first.

I was not there and I may be totally off base on this.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    I OC probably 90% of the time and have yet to have an Officer interrupt my life, unless I was doing something wrong to start with...
    The people in the post I quoted were't doing nothing wrong by OC'ing, yet their lives were interupted. I CC for many different reasons. Being interupted with my family at a resturant is one of em.

By the way you do not Pay Officers to Protect you, you pay them to enforce the Law...
    I pay them to enforce the drunk driving laws. That Protects me while I'm driving on or crossing the street. We all pay them to enforce the laws to Protect the community from criminals.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Protias, that is a strange interaction! The cops were outside and went in before the owner even said anything or did the owner call on you?

If the owner called and wanted you removed it actually went pretty well because they were curtious and asked the owner twice if they did not allow them.

If they just came in to bother you that is RIDICULOUS!!!

Please read the thread, that's why I linked it. ;)

Please read the thread, that's why I linked it. ;)

I wasn't there but it sounds like the deputies followed him into the restaurant. The restaurant owner did not call the cops. This is coming from the fact that the cops ask the owner twice if he allowed firearms at the restaurant. Is the restaurant owner had called the cops they would have already known that he didn't allow firearms at his business. The second video indicates that the restaurant owner change his mind later. That is a further indicator that he was not the 1 who called the cops. The harassment comes in the fact that the cops followed him into the restaurant without being called first.

I was not there and I may be totally off base on this.
    The owner never prohibited. It was the WSP trying their "almighty aw-thor-i-tie." Have you ever known the Chinese to ever question police hence why her first response was "no," then no response, to the following week having 50 law abiding citizens being served fantastic food!

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    SCOTUS says you do not pay them to Protect you...
    New to Open Carrying (OC) In WI, Here's what you should know

DeShaney v. Winnebago County Department of Social Services (109 S.Ct. 998, 1989; 489 U.S. 189 (1989))
    Balistreri v. Pacifica Police Department (901 F.2d 696 9th Cir. 1990
    Zinermon v. Burch (110 S.Ct. 975, 984 1990; 494 U.S. 113 (1990)
    Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)
    Riss v. New York, 240 N.E.2d 860 (N.Y.1968).
    Hartzler v. City of San Jose, 46 Cal. App. 3d 6 (1st Dist. 1975)

Police Have No Duty to Protect Individuals

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    I assume you mean "accepted" as in it becomes normal, everyday, common...
    TNX for the correction. I thought I changed the spelling.

How do you expect that to happen without people actually OCing in public??? Just let everyone else do the legwork and reap the rewards?
    I don't plan to OC in public. The harassment is just one of the many reasons I'd rather CC. None of my bussiness how much legwork you do for OC. I won't reap the rewards because I CC. I get plenty of exercise. Legs are in great shape. No legwork needed here. But I'm glad ur gettin some exercise.

Did you vote for Obama as well?[/quote]
    Who'd u vote for ??? I'm pro -gun plus pro-life do the math. ;)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom