• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • southern.in.guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    switzerland county
    I shoot this deer in late archery season this year. I made a bad shoot and hit the buck a little far back. I found the arrow and backed out till the next day and looked for 3 days and couldn't find him. It made me sick because I hunted hard all season and got my chance and blew it. Today I went shed hunting and and found him in a brush pile full of briars about 6 feet tall. I didn't find any sheds but the trip was a success anyway. I found this deer about 120 yards from were I shoot him. I put a tape to him and come up with 158 7/8 gross he well net about 153

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Nice deer!! Congrats on finding him even if it was a few months late:rockwoot:

I would think a taxi could get a cape for it to be mounted, or one of those "European" skull mounts.

southern.in.guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    switzerland county
    Speeking of capes I need one my taxidermist doesn't have any extras so if anybody knows were I could find one that would be great. This deer was a 4 1/2 year old and the cape well need to be big. Thanks to any body who can help.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    What a shame, you must have been sick. But at least now you have closure. I had the same thing happen years ago. I looked and looked for days and turned out he was in a huge briar pile that I thought was too thick, right under my nose. I found him in turkey season the following year.
    Nice deer.

Top Bottom