• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    In 1994 I fell in love at first sight with a Remington Viper .22LR. After sending a brick of ammo downrange trying to sight the gun in and failing, I fell out of love. Sorta like a first date gone horribly wrong.

I sold the gun within a week of owning it and bought a Marlin 883ss .22LR.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Grendel P-10. I bought it when it first came out, shot it once, and sold it because I knew I would never shoot it again. I lost money selling it right away, but came out ahead in the long run because values only declined after it became widely known just how many problems that gun had.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    XDS 9mm - Hated that 1911 type safety
    XDM 40 Comp - Hated that handgun in general
    S&W Shield 40 First Production Year - Lots of issues and hated the thumb safety
    Remington 700 BDL 30-06 - Still can't hunt with it in IN, but it was a beautiful rifle

I regret selling my Super VEPR in 308. What a sweet gun that was. But I was offered $1200 for it when those Russian AK's had sky high prices. I couldn't say no, and I funded some even better rifles with that money.

My collection is so much sweeter now than it was before I sold the above to fund nicer firearms.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    This is a good topic. I don't regret selling/trading any of the ones I've let go of. Had a really pretty little bitone Walther P22 that I replaced with a Ruger SR22. That was a good move. I don't miss a single Glock that I used to have, especially the G4 models, but I probably should have given my G3 G26 a little more love. Had an M&P 9C that felt wonderful in my hands, but the gritty/heavy trigger reputation was well earned. Also had a Mini 14 that was a looker, but I never enjoyed shooting it. Let that one go in favor of an Adams Arms piston driven AR, which also turned out to be a good move.

If there is one I sort of wish I still had, it was an SR9C. That was a great little shooter, easy to carry, and had a wonderful trigger right out of the box. I sold that to get an XDM Compact in 9mm. Another good move, the XDM for me is a great platform (except the XD-S, I ended up despising that little gun after getting it back from the recall), but the SR9C is one I wouldn't mind having back in my stash.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Kel-Tech PF9. I was the only one that could shoot it without jamming and recoil like a biting sow.
    Taurus 850 CIA. Shot ok but the trigger.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    In 1994 I fell in love at first sight with a Remington Viper .22LR. After sending a brick of ammo downrange trying to sight the gun in and failing, I fell out of love. Sorta like a first date gone horribly wrong.

I sold the gun within a week of owning it and bought a Marlin 883ss .22LR.

I think the marketing must have been first rate on that gun. I loved mine before I owned it. It wouldn't feed anything except Remington ammo, and it wasn't accurate. I traded it in for a 10/22. That was a good move.

Its funny how the first two posts reflect the two guns I'm glad I ditched. I also had a sigma in .40. That trigger needed a come-a-long to operate.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I've sold/traded away multiple guns and don't regret any, but the only one I was truly happy to be rid of was the KelTec PF9. What a horrible trigger! :poop:

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    H&K USP9c
    Gritty, long, heavy trigger... with no chance of a trigger upgrade.
    Impossible to get parts, even magazines...
    It shot groups measured in feet at 10 yards.
    I get a chill whenever I see an H&K pistol now.

Saying all that, a friend just bought a VP9 and the trigger problems seem to be worked out on that gun.
    I still bet he can't find magazines...

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Didn't mind selling this one either, came with one magazine and extra mags were impossible to find...tried for 3 years to find some. It's a Vulcan 44 Mag, a M1 carbine convert to pump by Universal.

Vulright30.jpg

Top Bottom