Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Okay here. Had breakfast. fed the cats.

By the way, I think the mama cat may have had another litter in the neighbor's shed... she didnt waste any time if so.
    I can't afford to keep this group up too...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If you can catch her, it would be worth it to get her spayed...neuter scooter....
    It probably would along with the others in the horde. I will have to look into that, see if there is some local group that does it or what.
    My late uncle from Knox used to spay and neuter them himself.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My mom was able to get some kind of coupons from the local shelter that allowed her to take them in for $20 each and be done when the neuter scooter came through her area. They would snip the tip of the left ear when they were done. On feral cats, that lets you know they have been "fixed".

We started out doing all of our females after the first two "barn cats" each had a litter of kittens and we saw this was going to get out of control fast. Then, we later started doing the males because they were fighting too much and tearing each other up, spraying on everything, etc. They all ended up staying so much healthier. As others got dumped and joined our "family", they all went in and got done too. No kittens born here since 2001. We've had so many dumped and have kept all but three that were either given away or taken to the shelter. I think only one actually ended up going to the shelter. It was a very small kitten that was dumped with no companion and our older cats were just being too mean to it.

It is nice being down to just the three now...so much cheaper to feed them and for kitty litter. The two older ones are about 14 and Lilly is about 8 so still young and healthy so no vet bills lately. That's also a nice thing.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We are up to 6 here. I was going to go out and then saw hubby loading up the firewood so figured I'd wait on him to bring it to the house and help get it through the door. He apparently went for a walk but I know as soon as I head out, he'll be on his way in so I am waiting....impatiently waiting, but waiting.

I have things to do....bread to bake, floors to sweep, etc. But I need to do my outside chores and get them done first.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom