• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Yeah, I don't remember anything about the Earnhardt race.. I was too young. Or at least too young to care about motor sports.

I was sick with strep throat, couldn't talk, eat, drink and my grandfather in law was very ill at the time too. MrG had gone out to get something to eat and they announced it while he was gone. He came in and found me crying. I couldn't talk enough to get it out that it was Dale and not his Grandfather..
    The announcements were about the same too. Amazing after all these years I would remember what they said then

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I was sick with strep throat, couldn't talk, eat, drink and my grandfather in law was very ill at the time too. MrG had gone out to get something to eat and they announced it while he was gone. He came in and found me crying. I couldn't talk enough to get it out that it was Dale and not his Grandfather..
    The announcements were about the same too. Amazing after all these years I would remember what they said then
    Yeah.. I'm still not a huge racing fan, but being from INDY you have to have some sorrow over the loss of a 2x Indy 500 winner. I met him briefly in 05 at the awards banquet and he was UBER nice. I feel for his wife and 2 kids too. Does anyone know if they're planning an autopsy to determine the actual COD? OR if they'll announce it if they find out?

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Yeah.. I'm still not a huge racing fan, but being from INDY you have to have some sorrow over the loss of a 2x Indy 500 winner. I met him briefly in 05 at the awards banquet and he was UBER nice. I feel for his wife and 2 kids too. Does anyone know if they're planning an autopsy to determine the actual COD? OR if they'll announce it if they find out?

haven't heard one way or the other

I was born and raised in North Central IN. Dad would bring us every year for qualifying for the 500, Went to my first 500 2 or 3 years ago. I was so in awe I don't even remember who won :laugh:
    I don't watch any racing now. Dale's death took the wind out of my sails

MrsGBuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    I go to class and this place blows up. To bad no one was on at 430 when I was bored. Lol.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    My daughter walked into the Plymouth IN store when they opened and was the first to walk out with one. She didn't camp out overnight. :dunno:

Shame on her for her lack of commitment.

I just rewatched the crash from yesterday... it's amazing more people didn't die.

watching the press conference and stuff, brought back memories of Dale Earnhardt. He was my guy.

I met him once doing the vintage car stuff and he was actually a good guy took the time when his drive was over to shake EVERYONE'S hand and thank them for letting/helping him with the car. And he didn't hesitate to pose for a picture with someone either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom