• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I've had the most consistency with IMR powders. The one I currently use produces good results with lower chamber pressures than most. I'm not sure what kind of velocities you're getting, but usually a bit slower on the heavier ones will make it more consistent and make your barrel last longer. Its easy to adjust for drop, so I have no issues with slowing mine down.

I'm trying to stay away from IMR, I don't like their parent company, same company that owns Pioneer seed which I use to work for...

I'm just getting things bought and setup to get started loading. I haven't done any loads yet. Will be working with .357 mag as first pistol caliber, then 30-06 as first rifle. I will be sure to load at least one good hot load and see how close to 300 win mag specs I can get :D

From what I've read the -06 can get pretty close. ;) I still have more powders to buy and try too.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Honestly, consistency should be your goal. you can adjust for about everything else... I actually load mine a little under minimum specs

Yeah consistency will be the main goal. Hopefully I can find a powder that is accurate and consistent for my setup without going to IMR. But I will go to them if no other choice. Since I don't have my load charts right in front of me I found this page online real quick just to give a sample of how close a /06 can get. Just to prove a quick point. ;)

30-06 Springfield Load Data - Handloads.Com

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Yeah consistency will be the main goal. Hopefully I can find a powder that is accurate and consistent for my setup without going to IMR. But I will go to them if no other choice. Since I don't have my load charts right in front of me I found this page online real quick just to give a sample of how close a /06 can get. Just to prove a quick point. ;)

30-06 Springfield Load Data - Handloads.Com

If you compare the same bullet with the same powder, you can't really get all that close. I've still got you by 300 fps

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom